1971 175 F7 carb. Problems..PLEASE HELP!!

Hey all!! I have a 1971 Kawasaki 175 and i put a rebuild kits in the carb. but its just filling up the carb with gas an running out the overflow on the bottom of the bowl. I measured an thought i adjusted the float rigth but maybe not...If anyone can give me some tips on how to properly adjust the screws and float on the carb it would be greatly appriciated!!!!!

Hey all!! I have a 1971 Kawasaki 175 and i put a rebuild kits in the carb. but its just filling up the carb with gas an running out the overflow on the bottom of the bowl. I measured an thought i adjusted the float rigth but maybe not...If anyone can give me some tips on how to properly adjust the screws and float on the carb it would be greatly appriciated!!!!!

did the kit come with a float needle?

the bottom part of #23 or the whole thing

http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-1972-f7-a_model15106/partslist/46709.html

Ya the kit came with the float needle and i adjusted the float tab last night an the fuel stopeed comin out the overflow. I can get it to start an run with starting fluid but it will bog out pretty quick after it starts like something is not adjusted right or something......??? ANY IDEAS??

Here are the factory carb settings. main jet 105r, needle 0-2, jet needle 4ej3-3, pilot 30, cut way 2.5, air screw 1 1/2, float hight 1.04" + - .04"

If you need any other info let me know, I have a factory 1971 manual for all the F series bikes.

• Helpful 1

• 2 years later...

I've got a 75 f7 with two problems. The first is it bogs at WOT so I think I need to go up a needle position, that means moving the clip physically up, right?

The second is it won't idle for long, which would be to adjust the idle screw, is that the one that has the rubber passage out of the case to the front of the bike?