First time riding on a track, Barona Oaks MX

What would you say is the best beginner track in the SD area?

I'm more interested in really learning to take turns and ruts at higher speeds than do big jumps...

Edited by rxbandit

Looks like you had a good time! Congrats on finally making it out there... its addicting to say the least!

You dont look like much of a beginner though... just to the track? My only advice would be is maybe until your comfortable keep your body position a little more forward on the bike over the jumps, you dont wanna start getting too far back on the bike. That may be why your front end is high in all your pics. But if your comfortable then do what you do and keep it upright:thumbsup:

Yeah im not new to riding, but jumping and tracks, this is my first. I normally ride Ocotillo and Superstition. Pala will be the next place I go along with Cahuilla( I here the have a very basic track as well) The main reason I went there is my buddy at work lives 5 minutes away and we went on a friday. Barona is a bit overwhelming but not to the point where I felt I couldnt do it them all with time. As for the riding position, when I stopped my buddy said the samething, first bad habit to get rid of. It was fun and I plan to make that the main destination(30 mins from my house, everything else is 45 and up).

probably pala because it has multiple tracks for varying skill levels.

I agree with this, also you might wanna look at Cahuilla, I hear its decent. Allot of desert riders I know go there with there heavy desert bikes and have a good time.