Sign in to follow this  

So whats the real reason quads arn't allowed on tracks?

I think theres alot of stereotypes floating around here.

Because, around where i live i see alot of bike riders with some "interesting" exhausts, that are as loud or louder than some of the quads around.

Second off, its been said already, quads arent designed to be on tracks meant for bikes.

And since there arent tracks for quads, where do the quads go? To the track for bikes... So, you cant really blame the quad riders.

Third off, i like quads. I've ridden sport quads since i was 7.. Starting on a suzuki LT80, to a TRX250EX, to a 400EX..

I like the stability of the quad over the bike. I can throw the bike around just as much as the quad, though, too.

So why are we all calling all quad riders tards, when theres some real dumb motorcycle fools out there, too? You cant classify all quad riders as "kwadtards", when you even have people riding dirtbikes drunk and without helmets.

Exactly, the best comment i have read in this forum.:thumbsup:

they shut down alot of our local trails... thats why i hate them, but have a soft spot for them after they pulled me out of a muddy ditch once( well more like a stream with quicksand in it..) i'm mixed on them, if a guys walking his dog with one, whatever, if he's ripping apart the feilds next door with a straight pipe, i will run them over in a bulldozer.. :thumbsup: riders of race quads tend to be less douchey than the recreational quads i've also noticed..

I think it is more about the attitude of the rider, rather than the machine they are on. But, having said that, I don't care for mixed practices having quads and bikes on the same track at the same time. It's a receipe for disaster and I have seen to many accidents. I also don't appreciate it when a single track becomes 50" wide, but again that's more of a rider attitude, versus machine's fault.

Most quad riders are just disrespectful quadtards. They take a nice single track and turn it into a road. I just think the less developed individuals gravitate to the four easy to ride wheels.

• Like 1

I've been to plenty of tracks that allow quads. They just don't allow farm equipment (utility quads), you have to be on a competition-oriented sport quad. You also have to wear appropriate safety gear for a track, flip flops and tank tops don't qualify.

I grew up on quads and I must say, most of this stuff is rediculous. Yes, I agree that maybe quads and bikes shouldn't be on the same track at the same time, but not every quad rider is a drunk redneck idiot riding a 4x4 with a wide open muffler who tears everything up :ride:. Some of you need to open your eyes and accept this fact.

I love my dirt bike and I love my quad. In the end, what is the real difference? Both are fun...one has two wheels, and one has four.

BTW, I could tear things up just as much with my dirtbike as I could with my 4 wheeler if I wanted :thumbsup:

realy how long would it take you to wear two grover 14 inches wide spaced 24 inches apart in a nice piece of single track on your bike? Like my wife who races dirt bikes and does surgery says I've never once asked the family of a dirt bike racer for an organ donation or knock on wood told them thier child hadied from thier dirt bike injurys. People who ride quads are people who were intimidated by riding a bike but heck this ol thing is like my truck and my beer will go on it too. Like my youngest says I'll hang out with emo's and flat billers but not quadtards...

So let me get this straight. I, a responsible ATV rider with a quiet exhaust who just likes to enjoy the trails designated for ATV's, am a "quadtard"?

not all quad riders are shizl heads but i would have to say the majority are. there is a place to ride about 70 miles from me used to be a cool place to ride. i dont go there any more because the quad folks have turned the trails into a trash dump, beer cans and trash is every where. when i used to ride there it was nothing to see the quad guys taking a beer breaks you could come by later their the beer cans and trash are no quads. they ride about a mile or two guess what their they are taking another beer break. i never did see any bikes with coolers strapped on their bikes. plus you don t see state or feds. starting to try to regulate bikes, but there all over the quad industry. NOT TO MENTION THE DEATH RATES

dude, this thread and these comments aren't about you, if you ride responsibly and on designated quad trails no one should have a problem with you ever. we're talking about people like my current neighbor, blasting up and down the road on their POS with a straight pipe. and the plain and simple reason why quads aren't getting let on some tracks was the whole eco thing, they see a single line or rut eco nuts go " oh washout or a deer trail" they see those 12" ruts 24" apart well, i dont think cows are that wide for one or run and 2 roam freely ...

Oh, and please tell me. Where do I put my beer?

400ex.jpg

Dude why do you have a picture of your mom's quad on here? That's one of those old porty pottie huntin quads

Dude why do you have a picture of your mom's quad on here? That's one of those old porty pottie huntin quads
My bad :thumbsup:

I agree with you guys that there are idiots on quads, like the above mentioned neighbor. It just makes me angry when some people say it is only quads that cause the problems.

It isn't really worth getting upset over anyways, I just wanted give my .02 cents that all quad riders aren't morons :ride:

i really dont care what you ride, but this post made me giggle lol

Me too. Man thats some funny $h1t.

Quads are for harley riders when they want to dirt ride, you see harley doesnt make dirtBIKES they make STREETbikes.:thumbsup: Maybe since they dropped buell they will start making quads. You think quad riders are bad now just think if harley made em! :ride:

What would the riding gear look like? Leather chest protectors with patches on them! Maybe your name on the back such as Junebug and on the back of your old ladies chest protector it would say property of Junebug.

i dont own a race quad but i own 4 4x4s and a dirt bike it takes way more skill to ride a dirt bike as fast in the corners and bumps as a quad but the dust problem . dont they usually water the track before it . i am in canada so no body really complains about dust because everybody is there to have fun. quads do make alot of ruts but i dont know why the track owner would alow quads and bikes on at the same time thats just asking for trouble .

because 99.5% of the time quad riders are douches who haul ass in the pits, do donuts, and F the track up. then while at home they drink and ride their quads around the streets at night

1200cc quads with straightpipes that take three days to go from zero to sixty? well... i'll be a biscuit eating bulldog..

"Great now we will have to contend with oil all over the trail too!"

well atleast they'll come with a free oilpan! :thumbsup: