my 94 dr will not start...uh help!

so here lately my 94dr 350 has been acting up, it hasnt been wanting to start id push the button in and id have to wiggle it to get the bike to start..

well today i was out ridingthen i got home to drop some stuff off and take off again but it wont start/turnover or anything its def. an elertrical issue im just not sure were to start?

i was think could it be my switch?

spark plug?

coil pack>?

any ideas

From what you're describing, it sounds to me like your problem is in the starter button or the relay.

Jumper across the relay pins. If that makes the starter kick over, then it's the button. If it doesn't then find a good sized piece of wire and jumper from the hot side of the battery straight to the starter where the wire attaches to it on the top of it. But only hold it there for a second or two because (1) the wire is probably going to get hot in a hurry and (2) this is not a healthy way for a starter to be put to work as there may be a bit of voltage drop unless you use some pretty fat wire. It's fine for a few seconds though. If this test makes the starter turn then the relay will need replacing.

There may be a better way to perform these tests, but that's how I do it.

Hope this helps:ride:

where is the relay located on the bike?

a little bit more info i forgot to add in when i posted..

for about 2 monthes it was acting up like i turn the key on and hit the button to start it and it would turn over the shut off and id have to crank it again and it would usually start right up!

now i also trying to figure out what the wires are that are leading up to my clutch lever??

it just seemed like it i wiggled my clutch lever in and wiggled the wires to the button around it would fire up first time..

i was slacking on fixing it bc all my money is going to my jeep at the moment

so here lately my 94dr 350 has been acting up, it hasnt been wanting to start id push the button in and id have to wiggle it to get the bike to start..

Sure sounds like the starter button to me if wiggling it cures the problem.

Try dissembling the starter button enough to be able to spray some DeoxIT D5 contact cleaner in to the switch.

DeoxIT D5 works like a charm on electrical contact problems. ­čśĆ

Not implying your stupid or anything,but whats the connections on your battery look like?

never overlook the simple things.I have before,and fired myself,but I hired my self back the next day because I was the only one that showed up for work.

Edited by XR_RON
G-14 classified.

ok so i tore apart the swicth and i acdentally pulled a wire off the little circuit board so i plan on attaching it tomm. but before i did that i had the whole switch apart and cleaned very good and replaced a spark plug and the coil pack that goes to the plug.

still waiting on my other parts.

im about to replace the batt and see if that does help any?

this relay where the heck is it i found my spare relay but no starter relay???

this is soooo frustrating im about to sell it

but i was looking at some new starting switches an i came across these http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=84096&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=1994&model=1910

what is the difference between 1 and 3? they both look like they have the same buttons just a different design? i was going to pick me up an extra one to have hanging around..

i wonder if it has the same wiring as 3? mine looks like number 3! but theres like a 20$ difference and im about saving on money but im not too picky