Flasher relays and load equalizers?

I'll take a look, but sometimes looking at that stuff is confusing and frustrating. I bought an automotive flasher that worked with incandescent turn signals up front and LED's on the rear, but when I changed to LED's, front and back, they just lit up solid. So I went to Cycle gear and bought a flasher relay for LED's and it lit up my LED's front and back solid.

Don't know what to say about the relay from Cycle Gear. What this area needs is a knowledgeable shop other than the stealer or one run by a bunch of squids...

Flasher relays work on resistance, which LED's do not have, compared to the wire coil of an incandescent bulb. It's just a matter of finding the resistor with the correct Ohm rating to match the bulb.

I'll make it easier on you and take a look tomorrow at the ones I used. ­čśĆ

Here you go...

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062291&filterName=Type&filterValue=Power+resistors

Just head down to the local Radio shack, Fry's, or any electronic component supply. They even come in a two pack. I wired one in parallel to each rear signal (or front, each side is on the same circuit), then wrapped it heat shrink tubing. ­čśĆ

Here you go...

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062291&filterName=Type&filterValue=Power+resistors

Just head down to the local Radio shack, Fry's, or any electronic component supply. They even come in a two pack. I wired one in parallel to each rear signal (or front, each side is on the same circuit), then wrapped it heat shrink tubing. ­čśĆ

Even better, 2 bucks. Nice

I've had problems with flashers from trailer towing but as previous posters said there are solutions. The normal flasher relays relies on current flow to heat a bimetallic strip that bends to open the contacts, it then cools and the contacts close. Having the correct light bulb load for the relay provides the correct flash rate, and LEDs draw very little current compared to a flasher light bulb.

My current motorhome has an flasher that doesn't change speed when a trailer is connected so I assume it has a electronic flasher. There are also aftermarket flasher relays that use an electronic timer to regulate the flash rate instead of using current draw from the bulbs which will work with any number/size of flasher bulbs from trailer towing to LEDs.

As some of the previous posts said finding a knowable source is a problem, good thing we have forums like TT.