Eric Gorr porting options?

I'm sending my 1992 WR250's top end out to Eric Gorr for his magic touch, and a slightly bigger piston...

As part of the 265 kit I get to choose how I want the powerband to be. More 'low to mid' which he suggests for stadium MX, offroad, or novices. I'm a massive novice when it comes to dirt so that's where I'm leaning. I'll be riding on trails occasionally, big outdoor MX tracks mostly. The other option is more 'mid range to top end' which is suggested for outdoor MX, intermediate to expert riders.

I was all set to tick off the low to mid option when I got to the next sentence that points out big bore kits give more low end just from the displacement bump... so now I'm not so sure if I should opt for the mild route or trust that my motard experience will transfer and I can handle a proper big two stroke hit like a big boy. (I've got a big flywheel to help with that too thanks to it being a WR...)

As far as current dirt skill... I'm keeping the bike in 2nd for MX207, the tires do actually leave the ground on most jumps but I'm not doubling nothing yet.

The top end is trashed, top ring pin went walkabout and marred the cylinder and powervalve, damaged the piston too. Both heads I have show detonation pock marks. Having Eric Gorr redo the top end as part of his big bore kit is cheaper than it'd cost to make things right with a cylinder replate, new piston, new powervalve and new head.

You are new to dirt. So... your problem will not be "air" and "jumps".

Your problem will be balance and traction,which sometimes go hand n hand. having more low end will make it easier to gain traction at lower rpm situations.

i would opt for the "mild" route because thats admittedly where you are. Having more torque on the low end will make the bike easier to control til you figure it all out. Give it some time and avoid the hospitals.

trust me, you'll still have more fun than you can possibly imagine. By the time you get better, you'll be looking to upgrade the suspension more than the engine. I think there's also a new bike in your futue.