So I finally raced !

I have a 2006 crf150f and a rmz250. I haven't raced since 1992. There was a fairground MX Monday night and my rmz still had jetting for winter so I thought I would just ride the 150. I have been dieing to race something . I have two girls that have heard all my old stories , but never saw their dad race . Well they still didn't get to because they were at a summer camp for the week. Then ,I thought it might not be too bad ,not having them there in case I suck ! My 150 is stock with Maxxis tires , great tires by the way ! I entered the over 30 class. The last time I went to watch the fair race it was a very easy track with no jumps only a couple of rollers and a bunch of turns. I get there ,sign up ,and then go look at the track and thought oh sh$%^& doubles. This year they used a different track builder, now the 150 isn't going to be very good against big bikes on this track, a little while later some guys came up to me and said they talked the promoter into starting an adult pit bike class and I should sign up, so I switched classes. To make my already long story short I won ! Now I have a trophy to show my kids. Got to love those 150's.

• Like 1

Bet you now wish the kids were there to see you! I raced a 2003 CRF150F last year in what's called a Post Vintage Innovation class. Basically any year bike with rear drum brakes and air cooled. Took first place for year end award. Never won a race all year, just raced more then anyone so I got more total points.

Bet you now wish the kids were there to see you! I raced a 2003 CRF150F last year in what's called a Post Vintage Innovation class. Basically any year bike with rear drum brakes and air cooled. Took first place for year end award. Never won a race all year, just raced more then anyone so I got more total points.

Never heard of a modern bike racing post vintage . nice they made a class for it because i always thought the bike was better suited for that type of racing if you where to race one. My cr 82 480r is a resto post vintage bike . vibration and power. fast on these tracks. but a 150f would be alot of fun on the more laid back vintage tracks without the big air jumps of modern tracks. The 480r has too much power to relax and enjoy. id love to race my crf /bbr 175f in that format.