!!!!xc bob's buyer beware!!!!

Xc bob's buyer beware!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all I purchased a big bore kit from XCBOB'S online store and the piston was the wrong size. I called him on it and he says it was the right kit.

I was willing to work with him but he refuses to take any resposibility, and will not even help me with getting a refund directly from his supplier.

I have read all of his negitive feedback on ebay and it seems if you have a problem with this guy he will not work with you so pray to God that you don't have a problem with this guy because he knows nothing of customer service.Now I am out over $500 and nearly grenaded my motor which I have put over $3000 in performance parts on.

This guy I a EBAY LOSER BEWARE!!!

Paypal was no help to me. I bought some JUNK off ebay that was said to be "LIKE NEW"

Never did get that right.... Paypal nor ebay.... I've quite both

Now if you pay with a bank card you can go to the bank and fill out a dispute paper and they will pull your money back for you.....

Better Business Bureau...those complaints add up quick and will put an end to a business. Dirt Bikers aren't good at formal stuff, so some unsavory folks linger on, and on.

please explain how BBB puts an end to a business? I dont even know how to look up a ebay sellers BBB info, or if they are even a member, dont you have to pay dues?

Yea I should have checked the size I know but it was one of those things I had over looked.But still you would think if you are buying a kit the cylinder and piston would be a matched pair.

And also when you are selling an item on ebay it is the sellers resposibility to ensure the item is as described.And at the least if there is a problem with an order,a good busieness move would be to make it right any way you can even a small gesture would please most people.These things happen I understand but the unwillingness to help me out has pissed me off to no end.

Sadly, in the quest to save money, something has to be sacrificed. Often it is customer service.

Because of this, I almost never get anything from Ebay. The savings are not worth the trouble.

If the seller tells you to beat it, Ebay says tough, and PayPal laughs, take your lumos and accept the lesson in life. I am sorry to hear of your troubles though.

• Like 1

you would think if you are buying a kit the cylinder and piston would be a matched pair.

One of the first things I learned when I got my pilot's license is NEVER assume anything. This has stood me well for many years. I usually have somebody check my work even when I do major mechanical on my car or bike.

Was the piston oversized or was it actually a ring failure due to improper gap?

No the piston was under size!!!!!

I did check the end gap because yes I do Know that they don't always come with the gap cut to spec and need to be filed to the correct gap which i did during my build.

It would have had to have been a fair bit undersized to fail. What happened, broken skirt?

I've been more successful with threatening sellers with notifying eBay and Paypal about a bad transaction than I have with getting action from Paypal. I stopped buying things from eBay that I couldn't afford to lose a long time ago - even with their "guarantee". Sad that it's that way. Worth a shot though.

please explain how BBB puts an end to a business? I dont even know how to look up a ebay sellers BBB info, or if they are even a member, dont you have to pay dues?

BBB doesn't shut anybody down, but believe it or not, many people do check it before doing business with somebody. Prior experience working for a company that had multiple complaints lodged against it due to a poor shift manager....seriously put a dent in the amount of folks coming thru the door. Took years of good service to get the clientele back. Bad service news travels fast. I for one, am a dumbass when it comes to checking up on a business. I tend to go the stupid way, and trust people ­čśĆ