PV Spring Swap and Performance

Experimented with the red and green PV springs on my '09 250XC and noted a modest difference in the point where power came on. I didn't find it all that mindblowing though which maybe had something to do with the FMF Gnarly pipe muting the effect. Anyway, what I did notice was that with the green spring the bike generated a lot of spooge. Not so with the red. May have had something to so with the kind of riding, grass track where I was really wringing its neck for about 10 -15 minutes each outing. What would be the reason for this? When you're constantly on the gas does it somehow overwhelm the PV if it is releasing later?

I just used a flathead and brought it out flush. Some difference but didn't really notice it on top rather on bottom as "hit" was delayed (with green spring). Actually preferred the way you could do more work in lesser part of powerband with the green. In the woods you can push harder by maintaining a little more control with the green. Just don't know why it was pucking spooge with the green and not the red.

I just used a flathead and brought it out flush. Some difference but didn't really notice it on top rather on bottom as "hit" was delayed (with green spring). Actually preferred the way you could do more work in lesser part of powerband with the green. In the woods you can push harder by maintaining a little more control with the green. Just don't know why it was pucking spooge with the green and not the red.

The first thing you need to understand is that the Gnarly pipe is for low end, it actually robs the top end, so you're not going to notice jack on top until you switch to a Fatty, hardparts or SST pipe.

I let a guy ride my 300, he came back and said, that's not that bad, I expected more punch. I had the red PV spring turned in 2 turns due to the twitchy throttle. I ran it back out flush and had him take another run. This time he came back and said, wow, I noticed the front end wanted to come up more than that first run. It's noticable, but it's not an earth shattering kaboom.