Bleed holes on Racetech Emulators...

Hey Guys,

I have installed procycles fork solution kit and am still fine tuning the suspension. The kit includes Racetech emulators and stiffer springs. My question is has anyone drilled out the valve plate bleed holes (up to 4, comes with 2 drilled) and if so how did you like the results? They claim it aids initial fork movement, low speed damping and plushness, small bumps, chatter....All the other adjustments are two way...meaning if ya dont like the results you can always go back...but with drilling, well, you get it...

So just though I'd get some opinions before gettin out the power tools!

Thanks

Not sure about the DR Emulators but some time back on another aplication you could fine tune them by changing the turns of preload on a small spring and RT had several optional rate springs. Not the large fork spring, the small spring on the Emulators (if the DR uses that type).

Bruce

What are your initial settings? Is it possible that there are 4 bleed holes already. I "think" that newer DR650 Emulators are set up this way. Rick at Cogent Dynamics can explain this better than I can. I have newer Emulators with the pre load set to 3 turns and 10W oil. I am quite happy so far.

the emulators come with 2 bleed holes drilled, with an optional 2 more on each. Also, i have not messed with changing the springs on the emulators, however they did come with a stiffer set of springs.Yellow and blue I think are the color coding, yellow softer, blue stiffer. Stock, the spring is yellow with preload 2-3 turns. I have them at about 2.5 turns.

So, I went ahead and drilled out the other two bleed holes....so far I really like the results. The bike still handles big hits well, but as racetech advised, the small bumps and chatter is noticably reduced. I recommend drilling to anyone with the same question! Thanks for your replies!