2010 crf450r and 08 crf450r

this may sound like a newb question but I have been asking alot of people at the dealers and searching on line and online I found a review that said the 2009 and 2010 where the slowest top speed wise compaired to the previous years the dealer told me that wasnt true but I want to here it from you guys before I go believing the dealer, which is faster top speed wise and getting there 2010 or 2008?

depends what size sprockets you have... my 03 with low gear sprockets 13ft 52 or 53 back did about 75 mph WOT... but who cares i dont see anybody needing that speed on a track which is what the bike is designed for, fast acceleration, turning, jumping, and stopping quickly. if you want to go fast get a cbr1000rr

If your worried about how fast it will go 5th gear pinned, then buy a different bike. Top speed is definitely not a top selling feature of the 450R.

I get mine (08) to 110 km/h and then let off the gas before the engine explodes ?

Get a 450X if you want a faster bike ... they are good for at least 130 km/h stock gearing.

depends what size sprockets you have... my 03 with low gear sprockets 13ft 52 or 53 back did about 75 mph WOT... but who cares i dont see anybody needing that speed on a track which is what the bike is designed for, fast acceleration, turning, jumping, and stopping quickly. if you want to go fast get a cbr1000rr

100% agree

I have to agree with the above posters. As for the comparison, I know the 08 was slower than the 06-07, with the 06 having the most violent hit of the 450 to this point. I have heard the 08 felt very flat as far as the power was concerned. I have not ridden either an 08 or a 10, but from all accounts, the 10 is faster. Or should I say, has better power??