04 to 05 250 Frame Swap: What will I need?

Bought an 05 AF for my kid's 04 YZ250. I've read some of the posts on this subject but didn't find anyone who swapped out their 04 frame for an 05. I think MXjosh swapped his 03 to an 05.

I know the forks are both 48mm. What about the shock linkage? I think MXjosh had to grind down the frame stops.

Is there anything else I'll need to make this work? Thanks.

Seriously. Nobody here has a clue?
The '02 through '04 were very similar, so MXjosh's thread should have covered everything.

If concerned about any differences between Josh's '03 and your '04, you can always cross-reference parts lists.

The '02 through '04 were very similar, so MXjosh's thread should have covered everything.

If concerned about any differences between Josh's '03 and your '04, you can always cross-reference parts lists.

Josh does mention a few difference regarding the linkage and the bottom tripple clamp interfering with the turning radius due to hitting the frame. I've already done a search for yz aluminum frame swap and many variations but somehow thought there might be a "definitive gude" on this project. I'll just do it find out on my own whatever is lacking.

Thanks.

Will 05 bottom tripple clamps fit on an 04? This would save having to machine them and add the screws. I'm thinking they would work since they're the same 48mm forks.

I knwow the 05 clamps fit the 04 fork. The stops should be fine on the 05 as Yamaha has not changed them again.

Once you find out all thats needed, or you complete your project, post the results, please. We'll add it to the sticky list.

Its a challenge to compile a complete list. Although the yz never changed, there were slight changes along the way that did nothing but screw us over. Things like axle block sizes. Really, how needed was this???

...I've already done a search for yz aluminum frame swap and many variations but somehow thought there might be a "definitive gude" on this project.
It seems that no matter how much preparation is done on projects like this, people always find something no one else caught. That's why Roland is happy to add this info to the ever-growing "Book of Knowledge" sticky area. ­čśĆ

Good luck!

I knwow the 05 clamps fit the 04 fork. The stops should be fine on the 05 as Yamaha has not changed them again.

Once you find out all thats needed, or you complete your project, post the results, please. We'll add it to the sticky list.

Its a challenge to compile a complete list. Although the yz never changed, there were slight changes along the way that did nothing but screw us over. Things like axle block sizes. Really, how needed was this???

Was thinking the same thing myself.