Sign in to follow this  

Sources for VM24

The eBay seller who sells the cheap VM24 has been out of stock for over 2 months and I can't get a straight answer out of them as to when they will have more.

Now that I had my mind made up that I could get one for $69.99, I don't really want to spend $100 on one.... Does anyone know of a different source to get a new VM24 for around $70?

New plan - After a bit more research, maybe I ought to get a VM26 since I have a BBR 150 BB kit. Anyone have success with a VM26 and a 150 BB?

New plan - After a bit more research, maybe I ought to get a VM26 since I have a BBR 150 BB kit. Anyone have success with a VM26 and a 150 BB?[/quote

Ive used a a bbr 26 and a keihin 24 and didn't notice much difference with a bbr kit and hot cam stage1. the 26 gained a little up top but lost a little on the bottom . the 24mm had a little more bottom and slightly less on top. Not the big difference I was expecting after reading posts about the bbr carb. A good alternative that works really well it a honda 150f carb which is a keihin 24mm carb . they can be gotten pretty cheaply,are easy to tune, and work pretty well on a stock or bbr engine . Ive tried alot of different ones and it was one of the best. the VM is good but i find them more finicky to jet and tune.

With the BBR150 kit I used a Keihin 26mm XR200 carb. When I used the my Keihen 24mm carb, I was really disappointed, but the 26mm carb felt night and day. You will need a BBR adapter. I use a Kitaco VM26 on my XR conversion. It worked much better than my Keihin carbs, but it is a lot harder to dial in perfect. The Kitaco version works better than anything you can get over here, because it has parts you can only get in Japan.

Thanks guys. I've been reading posts for 2 days about which are the best carb options for BBK (I've seen countless replies from you guys!). Since the bike is my wife's and I can outrun her on my 2 year old's tricycle, I'm thinking I better stick with the option that retains the best bottom end. Sounds like that's the CRF150 carb? I've found the cheap knockoffs on eBay and once I add a throttle assembly, cable, and BBR carb adapter, I'm back to $100.

For the same $100, would you go with the Mikuni VM24 that will bolt right up or the CRF150 stuff?