DR560 parts- Too good to be true?

You decide.

Came across this on CL and just thought I'd throw it out there.

Smithtown NY

i have a 2000 dr650 motor new piston and rings, kientech high comp piston kit, tranny great..like 5000 miles..300$ also have street legal frame for 100... lots of extra parts too

take this lump of torque out of my garage!! make me an offer... have pics if ya need them ...

Anthony

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/1843605748.html

Very interesting indeed.

Maybe he's looking at what it would take to get it back on the road and decided that he doesn't want to mess with it. I'd ask what all is missing. Doesn't seem 'too good' to me. Besides, he wouldn't be the first fool to not realize what he's got there.

I wouldn't touch it without a title though.

Very interesting indeed.

Maybe he's looking at what it would take to get it back on the road and decided that he doesn't want to mess with it. I'd ask what all is missing. Doesn't seem 'too good' to me. Besides, he wouldn't be the first fool to not realize what he's got there.

I don't own a DR650, I just thought someone in need of parts might be interested,

As far as a title goes...... parts is parts......... Screw the frame for that price 😏

Very interesting indeed.

He just may be smart,Im hearing the gear boxes are blowing out pretty regular.

Wow.. Way to blow the whole gearbox thing out of proportion.. 😏

Anyways, if it all checks out legit, that looks to be a great deal. Maybe not a total 'steal', but a really good bargain indeed. Makes me want to get it just to have.

He just may be smart,Im hearing the gear boxes are blowing out pretty regular.
You probably have a better chance of getting hit by lightning immediately after winning $250 million on a lottery ticket than having a third gear failure.

You probably have a better chance of getting hit by lightning immediately after winning $250 million on a lottery ticket than having a third gear failure.

I'll take the lighting AND the third gear failure if I could win the lottery. But you're right... I think my odds on having a good gear box are pretty high. 😏

I'll take the lighting AND the third gear failure if I could win the lottery. But you're right... I think my odds on having a good gear box are pretty high. 😏

Same here bud!

Then I'd go and buy a brand new KLR yacht! :cheers:🤣😏

How many third gear blow ups never get reported on this board and how many of these bikes sit in a garage with little or no use? It could be a bigger issue then folks report on here or think on here. Just saying.

The dealership in Sacramento told me they have seen a fair amount of third gear failures just in their shop alone and it reaches all the way past 07 bikes. They had one with relatively low road miles, a freeway commuter bike that failed.