New springs but should I revalve?

Need some advice!

I am getting the correct springs for my 06 S model. I weigh 210 without gear and was wondering if you all would recommend that I revalve the suspension while I am putting in new springs or should I wait until after I see how "springs only" feels? Do most of you revalve?

Thanks much!

Yeah, I know, I can also lose some weight off my fat ass! Not gonna do it, now way!

I weigh the same as you, have the same year and model DR-Z, and put 0.48 kg/mm fork springs and a 5.7 kg/mm shock spring on my bike without a revalve. While it is better than stock I will be valving the fork at some point (it's tops on my "to do" list). The stiffer springs with allow you to set the proper ride height but you'll still be able to blow through the stroke pretty easily.

I sent my forks to Eddie a couple months ago for new 0.46 springs, oil, and some of his magic on the valves (I weigh about 185 no gear). I didn't need seals or anything else done and cost was ~230 without shipping. I don't know what it would have ridden like with just springs but doing both made a huge difference for me on the single track here in the NW. It really soaks up the bumps and the front doesn't get deflected like it did before on the rocks and roots.

If your finances allow it I would definately do both.

Lets see; that makes three of us with the 06 S.