Need Advice Please: Used 2005 v. 2007 400S

I am going to be purchasing a used DRZ 400S in the next week or two.

I am looking at a 2005 that is stock with 1,700 miles (original owner) and a 2007 with 2,600 miles that has a gel seat, case protectors, skid plate, and rad protector (2nd owner).

Both bikes appear to be very clean, although I have not seen either in person yet.

Asking price for the 2005 is $3.5k and $4.2k for the 2007.

Is there any difference between these two model years, is 1k miles difference a big deal, and what do you think of the price?

Thanks!

I consider anything under 3K on a bike just broken in...I'm looking at the same bikes and IMHO they are both overpriced...I just picked up an 06s for 3500 with 2k miles on it...The 05 is worth 3.2 tops and the 07 =4K...At least that's how I would spend my money...And they haven't changed the S for 8 years so it just comes down to mileage, condition and farkles...Wish you luck:thumbsup:

I dont know about the pricing, but I would go for the older one with less miles. For the 700$ differance you can buy the rad protectors you like, the case savers you like, the skidplate you like, and probably even the seat you like.