Jr 50 Help

I bought my son an old JR 50, I have spark, compression, and am getting fuel. The thing will not start, any ideas would be great I don't want to just start throwing parts at thing if I don't have to.

The air filter is off, the carb has been cleaned, i replaced the coil under the fly wheel, checked for spark, and checked the compression. Still nothin i dont want to just start throwin parts at it. I am lost really.

Gotta start working backwards, it seems. Air, fuel, spark are the only things required and you seem to have eliminated two of those. Is the bike trying to turn over at all? Sputter, and not kick over? Can you give a little more info to help diagnose?

Yeah it kicks over like its trying to start. My spark tester shows spark every time I kick. I have a buddy thats works on bikes and ATVs he cleaned the carb for me. I had some one tell me that if the crank is a little bent it will turn over but the timing would be off enough for it to not start. I dont know. Any info you have will be appreciated.

Unless they are jetted spot-on, JR50's are notoriously easy to flood. By chance, after a few kicks, are you getting fuel running out the overflow hose? Mine does this occasionally on really hot days. I'll remove the air filter cover and filter and kick like the dickens and she'll eventually blubber to life.

Yeah it kicks over like its trying to start. My spark tester shows spark every time I kick. I have a buddy thats works on bikes and ATVs he cleaned the carb for me. I had some one tell me that if the crank is a little bent it will turn over but the timing would be off enough for it to not start. I dont know. Any info you have will be appreciated.

If your crank is bent (I had one that was) you will be out a clutch, flywheel and probably stator if you do get it started. I ended up replacing the entire bottom end after having multiple problems and finding out the crank was bent. Hope that's not the case. I do have a brand new crank for a SR at home hat I can give you at a discount, since I bought it and then bought a complete bottom end. Not pitching a sale, but if that's the case, you need to replace the crank before you run it and it grenades the rest of the bottom end.