51 year old wants bike

ok so my dad wants a bike now he is 5"7 200 pounds he has a little experience riding.he also has a somewhat bad left shoulder some sort of artritis but its not that bad he wants something that he can put both feet on the ground. and my kx250f is just way to tall for him to be stable lol.

If he is just tooling around

and wants 4 stroke- why not a used HONDA CRF 230 or older XR 250 durable, low maintenance, available everywhere ~10inches suspension, and seat height of about 34 inches...at 5/7 he will be /close to flat footing it.

Later if he wants to hop it up, you can put on CR forks, & get the Rear Shock Done..Also look at kdx 220 maybe..

If his shoulder makes him want to go lighter and smaller and he just wants to get some fresh air.....how about a ttr 125...very light bike like175ibs

Or he feels like being unique and has some time/ money to burn if you can find a CR 85 expert or CR150RB roller and put a XR 200/crf 230 motor in it if

If he like 2 strokes what about a KX 100 used? At 200ibs any of these minis will have to have heavier springs/ shocks set up by a shop since they were meant for 120ilb riders...

Or just get him a regular full size mx bike and have a lowering link installed.

i am 51 200lbs but 5'8" woohoo!

anyway i now have a crf450, crf230 and am entertaining the idea of getting a pitbike.

love the macho power of the 450, but the smaller i get, the more "fun" i seem to have.

ive gone through an xr100 a drz125 and a kdx220 the last year or so, and would say the crf230 is a great compromise of fun and size. power? it has none, but thats why its so much fun, climbing things and passing people on more powerful bikes.

230 is fun but depends on how agressive he is (Think any small jumps at all) the forks bottem out like they dont exist... You can buy BBR springs to fix that though. I would take him to a dealer and see if you can test out a 230, Yamaha or honda does'nt matter there both really similar. If he's fine with it then go for a 230. They really are good play bikes, just no racer.