Replacement speedo for my Zed?

Hey everyone, im new to these forums and was looking for some advice on a replacement speedo on my zed.

Picked up my 400 last week and found the time resets every time the ignition is switched off, a small niggle I know, yet annoying! ๐Ÿ˜

After looking at the wiring diagrams I've narrowed the fault down to the permanent live feed to the clocks, clearly the previous owner had tried to resolve the problem aswell bypassing the block connector and soldering the permanent live, theres definately battery voltage going to the clocks so I went further and stripped down the clock.

To my surprise the thing was full of water and the connector on the circuit board to the clock had corroded through, so thats where the fault must lie.

Ive looked around on ebay for a new clock and there are a few breakers selling them for ยฃ20-40

then I spotted this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITAL-SPEEDOMETER-TACHOMETER-SUZUKI-DRZ400-00-08-/300432970982?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item45f33354e6

Was just wondering has anybody any experience with this clock?

Is it a direct replacement?

Still unsure if its worth the gamble.

๐Ÿ˜

Thanks all!

Okay more questions...

Does the Vapor use the original speedo drive, or does it have to be replaced?

and does it come with different fitting kits?

The only place I can find in the UK that stock them is ebay, and they dont seem to have to the dash lights included.

ther's a speed sensor that gets epoxied to the brake rotor for the odometer.

So the stock speedo drive will still be in the front wheel?

Ive read up in the forums they do an optional spacer with it too, but it doesnt quite sit flush?

So the stock speedo drive will still be in the front wheel?

Ive read up in the forums they do an optional spacer with it too, but it doesnt quite sit flush?

You can leave the speedo drive on the wheel - the vapor comes with a plug so nothing nasty gets inside. You can also buy a spacer, i believer either using the same size as on the other side (dont quote me on that) or places like wheeling cycle supply sell sexy colored ones.

The vapor was probably the most complicated mod ive done to my bike, and it was pretty easy ๐Ÿ˜

I'm running the Acewell 3901 from Electrosport. Wanted to post some specs from their website and found this: "ElectroSport speedometers are temporarily out of stock until further notice. Be sure to check back often to see when they're back!"

Anyway, I love the unit. It comes with a speedo cable that fits the OEM speedo gear.

Cheers all for your help!

Will look into those installation guides and maybe get one ordered come payday! ๐Ÿ˜

Does anybody know the distributor for trailtech?

I live in the UK and dont like the sounds of ordering it from ebay, also theres no mention of the dash lights on there either!

๐Ÿ˜