2010 suspension

I'm running 10 stuff on my 09 and it's pretty much the same. I found playing with the spring rates worked the best for me. I'm 175 and am running 50kgmm(49nmm) fc springs in the forks and a Honda 52nm spring on the shock. The forks are slid up 3mm to the top of the gold. I'm running 102 mm of sag, no link. This is what has worked for me, the first order of buisness is make sure you have the correct spring for your weight. Too stiff and it's going to transfer too much energy to the forks. Next will be the fork springs, too soft will cause all the issues most are complaining about, riding low in the stroke, knifing in the turns, headshake, harshness, bottoming... Your going to need to run stiffer springs than your used to in the forks due to the new gen frame. I'm a 25+a racer and set up the bike to work the way I like. All of the spring calculators I have tried were too soft on the front. Good luck.

E.

I too got tired of valving my 09, so I simply traded the suspension in for a Ohlin's set up. Best thing I could do for the bike. I went up to 50's in the forks and down one rate on the shock. I weight about 205 with gear. I really handles everything so much better now.

from what I gathered and what the suspension guy did for mine was longer dogbone on linkage ,revalve and 24mm offsett triple tree to treat all the bad hype. now mine went straight to him and never rode it stock but it was spot on. few buddies had them and dident have that done to theres said it was night and day after rideng mine. but yes 2010 are same problems as 09, everyone says 2011 they dident make changes besides revalve those are the 2 handling changes they made in 2011 so should be a much better handling bike in 2011 stock wise.

I have a 09 that was revalved twice and i am not happy with the results. I am tired of playing with the susp and was wondering if the the stock 2010 valving is much improved over the 09. Thanks for any help.

I understand your frustration. The suspension leaves a lot to be desired in the stock configuration.

Maybe it's time to try a different suspension shop? It seems like the majority of people on TT who've gotten their '09/10 CRFs revalved and re-sprung seem happy with them, and I will say that MB1 did a fantastic job with mine. People seem to have good experience with RG3, also.