engine prob oil not returning to tank

I just had my sons 250f rebuilt. At first i thought it was burning alittle oil, but i found out it isn't, it is just all still in the motor. I added a quart extra each time i changed it, just to get it to show on the stick.Changed it twice since rebuild in about same number of days, race weekend of course. No signs of external leaks or burning it so i pulled the plug on the cdi cover and guess what i found, all my lost oil. So what could be causing this?

🙂:D

Crank seal perahps? I don't know...just taking a stab in the dark. If I had my manual here I could look and see where it would be coming from. Check your manual for surrounding areas where it might be coming from.

Come on guys, someone has to know to help this guy out.

Btw - who rebuilt the motor? That is where I would start...by taking the bike back to whoever did the work and having them redo it.

Good luck.

i did take it back to them but they won't work on it till today. Just wanted to get an idea of what might be wrong.

Next time heaven forbid there is i'm doing it myself, then i know what is wrong and who to blame.

🙂:D

Hey tntenter, what are you calling the cdi cover? The flywheel etc. on the YZF's run in oil unlike your average 2-stroke. When you're checking the oil you're checking it warm right? The manual says to warm the bike up, let it sit 5 min. and then check. ????

yes checked warm cold etc, the cover over the ignition left side of motor.

Heard back today from the shop, the oring on the oil tube wasn't sealing, cut missing or whatever anyway they told me it was fixed and would be ready tomorrow.