Sign in to follow this  

Carbon Fiber or Kevlar Skid/Glide Plate?

Hi,

I've looked through the various posts regarding skid/glide plates for my 2007 DR650 and would like to get more information on Kevlar/carbon fiber models (I've also searched the Web for info). I only found one posting for a DR650 carbon fiber plate. The poster said one is available from E-Line (although another poster questioned the accuracy of the information and availability of the product), so I called E-Line and they do not make one for the DR650. Any other suggestions on where I might find a carbon fiber skid/glide plate?

I should note that the reason I'm looking into carbon fiber instead of aluminum is because I don't do a lot of hardcore boonie bashing and mostly use my bike for travel on dirt roads (so I don't need a huge amount of side case protection). I prefer the smaller size that a molded carbon fiber skid plate might be able to provide or I may just end up going with the OEM model glide plate.

Thanks for the help!

-=Cliffhanger_MT

Producing a carbon/kevlar skidplate that works properly and actually holds up would be way too expensive for mass production. The E-line stuff looks good for about one ride.

Go with the OEM and forget about it.