STOLEN 02 250F

Woke up this morning to find someone had stolen my bike out of the back of my pick up. It was parked in my driveway at my house!

I am still in shock.

IF any of you guys come across someone selling an 02 Yamaha YZ250F

with one industries graphics, ESP SUSPENSION STICKERS on the forks, White hand guards, RG3 Clamps, Pro Taper bars, Light blue backgrounds with 552G and OTHG logo on backgrounds,

VIN# JYACG10C42A018809.

THe bike also had a thumper racing 280 kit. ALthough I know the idiots that stole it wont realize it.

IF YOU COME ACROSS IT I'd really appreciate a phone call 310 980 3144

I am so bummed.

PS: I live in L.A.

Steve Landsberg

552G 45 beginners OTHG

Wags41@aol.com

Well, one half of me feels sorry for you and the other half doesn't. It really sucks that you had such a nice bike stolen from you ๐Ÿ™‚ , but you should have put it somewhere safe! The least you could have done if your parked it outside(this is what I always do) was to back the truck up against something so it would have been just about impossible to steal it. Well, I hope you find it :D

Sucks but it probably looks different already. Lost an old Husky from the back of my store 3 yrs ago and had 3 bikes lifted when I was a kid in the 70's and the 4th one had ana alarm and my dad ran out in his underwear at 4am. Found them in my geometry teacvher's backyard who was on holiday and coaught the prick who'd stole em and burguled our house 3 times. white punks on dope. ๐Ÿ™‚

Just thought since I'm having such a great day anyway I'd respond to your post.

I didn't post here looking for sympathy.

I simply thought it was a good idea to make people in this forum who might be looking at buying a used bike to keep an eye out.

In response to your comment. I am 46 years old. I don't need to be told what I did wasn't smart. BELIEVE ME I AM WELL AWARE OF IT.

What you said was like pouring salt on an open wound.

You might want to think about that the next time you feel compelled to share your thoughts on someone elses problems

Steve Landsberg

Hey Wags, I agree one hundred percent with your response. I felt the exact same thing when I first read MotoCrossRacer's input, but, I felt it did not deserve comment from me. However, his last response has sent me over the edge, ..." just trying to keep you from doing it again..." that to me is an insult!!! I could care less to read any more input or comment from him on this or any other topic on Thumper Talk. I truly am bummed about your loss no matter what the circumstance. Good luck and if ya ever wanna ride the desert let me know!

Keep the faith Wags...I recovered my '82 CR125 in 1989...7 years later...they hadnt changed a sticker on it. I found it advertised in a cycle trader exactly the way it looked the night it was stolen, and nearly passed out. It wasn't worth much by the time I got it back...it had been neglected, and they never caught the pricks that stole it. But it just goes to show, anything's possible. Took me 7 years. Hopefully yours takes 7 days or less.

I feel your pain man. But, don't give up...you never know...

TexLabo

'03WR250F

Assuming you already have a report filed with a vin#(police report is almost useless if you didn't give them a vin# to enter into the computer), you might advertise a reasonable reward in the local newspaper or radio? Just an idea.. sometimes trash turns trash in..... Don't blame ya for parkin in your own driveway.. a man should have some feeling of safety in his own driveway...too bad you couldn't have chased them away with the old shotgun... after 7 years in law enforcement its still hard for me to imagine what drives a person to steal/rob... but I see it almost every day.... drugs are not always the reason...

If ya do spot the bike somewhere (you know it better than anyone)Try to avoid the temptation to beat the F out of them... may not even be the guy that stole it... Good Luck..

Wags, sorry to read about your misfortune. A similar incident occured to a friend of mine here in Ohio. His bike was an 03-cr450f. He has advertised a picture in the cycle trader and a brief description of the bike and what happened. His was stolen out of a locked trailer, and he is sick about it. On a side note, did you ever get the 03 yz250? If so, what do you think in comparison to the 250f?

I hope you catch the scumbag(s) who took your bike. I live up in Erie,PA. I will keep an eye out for your bike up this way. In the mean time I think I will start locking my front disc too. Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The least you could have done if your parked it outside(this is what I always do) was to back the truck up against something so it would have been just about impossible to steal it. Well, I hope you find it ๐Ÿ™‚

This does not always work, a buddy of mine did this and they just stole his truck. The poor bastard also left his wallet in the truck which contained a business card to his storage facility--needless to say he had over $50,000 in bikes, furniture and tools stolen with only his truck covered by insurance.