02' 250 EXC Choke will not lock in place

I can't seem to get the choke to stay engaged. It wants to push right back in when I pull it out. Ater several attempts I can get it to stay temporarly just long enough to start it.

Any suggestions?

Things got confusing in 02-05 years, 250 EXC was offered as a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke, as the carb is different the answers may vary. Starting in late 05 with the 250SXF the "F" started to be used to clairify but 02-05 is confusing so you should get in the habit of stating which you have

Things got confusing in 02-05 years, 250 EXC was offered as a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke, as the carb is different the answers may vary. Starting in late 05 with the 250SXF the "F" started to be used to clairify but 02-05 is confusing so you should get in the habit of stating which you have

Good point...mine is a 4 stroke. I have already ran into lots of confusion while browsing for parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken mine out and cleaned it up although it it wasn't gunked up. I can get it to stay out long enough to use it now. I'm still trying to figure out why it's in a location that's so hard to reach?