1984 Xr250r wiring issues

I've got an '84 xr250r with a dual sport light kit on it. I'm not sure who made it, the only name on it acerbis on the headlight and tail light plastics. My problem is I was trying to get the turn signal to work and unplugged some of the harness while pulling it out of the overstuffed air box. Now I have no spark and can't figure this wiring mess out. The problem is some where between the factory harness and the aftermarket lighting harness. The regulator/rectifier has 2 yellow wires and a red and a black. One yellow is gronded to the frame the other is unhooked from anything ( my problem???) Where does this go? did I mention I can't get the spark plug out either. Need to get a thin wall socket. I am at my wits end and the factory diagram is useless on this. Please help??? Thanks.

The only thing under the seat is the air box and a bowl of spaghetti wiring mess. I'll look into the oem wrench. BD's web site only has the diagram for 96 and up but it says they have have the one for mine so I sent them an email last night. Will see what happens now.

does anyone else have an 84 xr250r with a lighting kit on it. The guy that put it on left some of the wires unplugged coming out of the stator. A green/red and a white/yellow.

Guess I should have kept the blown RM instead of this mess.

does anyone else have an 84 xr250r with a lighting kit on it. The guy that put it on left some of the wires unplugged coming out of the stator. A green/red and a white/yellow.

Guess I should have kept the blown RM instead of this mess.

the red one HAS to be plugged in aswell as the yellow one.

the yellow one is the main one i think (that or the red one). the wires from the stator absolutly have to be plugged in the supply ALL power to the bike hope this helps in some way!!

cheers:thumbsup:

There is another thread that discusses aftermarket lights on a XR400 https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=908767

4strokes.com has a wiring diagram for the 84 XR250;

The ignition and lighting systems are separate except for shared grounds. Basic Honda color codes:

Blk/red from the alternator is power for the CDI box

Blue from the Alternator is AC power for the lights.

Blue/yellow & Green/white from the left side case are the signal wires from the pulse generator for the CDI box and should terminate to a plug ( I think red).

Green is ground

Black/white is kill switch

Ignition coil is polarity sensitive, green terminal is for the green wire from the CDI box. The black or brown terminal is for the blk or brn wire from the CDI box.

This should get the bike running.

White/yellow is from teh stock regulator and connects to Blue.