Need silencer resources for 02' 250 EXC 4 stroke

I'm in the market for a new silencer to replace my dented stock unit but I'm having a little confusion when looking. I have no problem finding lots of 2 stroke and newer larger cc silencers but not much for the 02 year range.

I'm hoping someone can help me out and narrow my search down. I'd really like to keep it US Forest Legal, stock or aftermarket...even a used one is cool because I'm I really want the best bang for the buck.

You will need to use a muffler from any of the EXC 4st that are 02 and older with the ball and socket type connection. In 03 and up they went to a slip-on type connection. So any 02 and older EXC unless you change the complete system (header,mid-pipe,muffler, and header flange).

When you say your muffler is dented, you are not talking about the dent that is on the bottom side are you? There is a clearance dent on the bottom so the muffler from the factory for the rear brake caliper.

You will need to use a muffler from any of the EXC 4st that are 02 and older with the ball and socket type connection. In 03 and up they went to a slip-on type connection. So any 02 and older EXC unless you change the complete system (header,mid-pipe,muffler, and header flange).

When you say your muffler is dented, you are not talking about the dent that is on the bottom side are you? There is a clearance dent on the bottom so the muffler from the factory for the rear brake caliper.

No it's thrashed pretty bad on the bottom, even made a hole. Actually I just picked the bike up for a real good deal...just needs a new silencer.

The problem I am finding is that I when I try to look online it doesn't say if it's for a 2 stroke or 4 stroke, so far when they do say, they are for 2 strokes.

My ideal fix is to locate a stock take-off one that someone has laying around.

BTW, what other cross reference KTM's will fit up that is USFS approved?

The 02 250 RFS (250 EXC Racing) is rare. They were officially introduced in 03 with several changes.

The muffler from an 02 EXC's 250,400, and 520 are the same. The SX may be a little shorter and have no spark arrester. I don't know if the MXC has a SA or not.

It says it come with the mid-pipe. That would be needed to convert it to the slip-on type connection. It would not work without the mid-pipe. I know nothing about this system or if it has a SA. If you can't find a stock unit, this may be the way to go.

I see you have posted this over on KTMTalk. Look in the classified section over there.