Affects of oil height

I would like to know how much of affect raising the level would have in overall performance?Say going from 350cc to 370,i know it will help in bottoming resistance,but what about cornering?Also in my case,if i increase compression in rear shock it loads the front end and causes head shake!At my current oil level,if my timing is off going into a woop section or over jumping it will bottom the fork.So can a little more oil help with keeping the forks up in the stroke and over all balance front to rear????

One more?The air spring is less,adding oil.Does it affect the rebound in the least bit?Will the forks return quicker,because of less air space?I would like to hear from the experts.Terry Hay,rks1,Mog,ActiveRide,Dave Smart Performance.Not to dismiss anyone it would make for some interesting reading.

My personal opinion is that you always want to run as low an oil level as you can. Long story short - the fork will have a better over-all feel because it's less progressive. If you're bottoming too much, you need to try and slow the fork down through valving.

How much are you increasing compression on the shock that it causes head shake in the front? It sounds like you need to be sure your spring rates are correct (front and rear) and that your sag is set right. I'm not saying that your symptoms are not possible from adding compression, but it sounds like it may be a combination of several factors that are causing the head shake.

oil level makes a big difference to me.........i just this year started playing around with it and 20cc can make or break the way the forks feel..........i am of the same opinion that running the lowest height possible will give the smoothest feel.......350-360 is my #.......higher and bottimg resistance is increased at the cost of harshness over the bumps................funny thing is, a tuner could change springs move some clickers and change the oil height and the customer would think he got a revalve.....it is that drastic

of course i'm not up there with the hall of flamers ­čśĆ but i'd agree with you that compression adjustment can be used to adjust the attitude of the bike,it seemed more so on the jap bikes than the wp stuff....and if this is a 08/09 crf were talking about i could really understand it!

anyways it makes sense to me(in theory and reality) that any action on a balanced bike should have an equal and opposite reaction on the other end that would have to addressed,so if your shock is happy with more comp go ahead and add 10 cc to the forks and see what happens ­čśĆ