Rekluse 1 Quart (946ml or 946cc) Rotella 15w 40

I recently installed a Rekluse auto clutch on my 05 crf450x. I was running a full quart of the honda red tranny fluid but after reading through some of the posts here I decided to switch to Rotella 15w 40 (1 quart) and after my first ride I've noticed some oil residue seaping out of the clutch cover seal. Should I drop back down to the standard 650ml and continue to use Rotella?😏

Are you using the THICK gasket that Rekluse provides with the stock cover??

Should not leak out anywhere. That oil is being sloshed around pretty good in there, so I doubt dropping the level will have any effect.

The other option is just buy the billet aluminum Rekluse cover and not worry about it (you don't need to use the thick gasket with the billet Rekluse cover).

I know others have had sealing issues using the thicker gasket.😏

FWIW .. I have ran Rekluse clutches for 3 plus years and tried a LOT of oils (including the Red Honda Tranny oil and Rotella .. and so on ..). The BEST oil I have found to date is Motul Semi-Synthetic 10W-40. Nicest clutch feel, smooth shifting, easy to find neutral, no chatter, etc. etc.

Rotella was OK (one of the better ones) but would chatter on occassion, which is why I stopped using it.

Use the full quart. I've used Rotella, Honda oils in my tranny, no significant difference. Your gasket must be leaking, or the bolts arent torqued correctly. Check the bolts, if it's still leaking, replace the thick gasket from Rekluse. I've had mine for two years with no leaks or any trouble at all.

thanks for the feedback! I tightened up the clutch case bolts a bit and will give it another run this weekend. Is it hard to find Motul oil? I had to buy the Rotella at a truck stop, couldn't find it in the local auto parts stores here in Boulder, CO.

thanks for the feedback! I tightened up the clutch case bolts a bit and will give it another run this weekend. Is it hard to find Motul oil? I had to buy the Rotella at a truck stop, couldn't find it in the local auto parts stores here in Boulder, CO.

Seems to be a little sparse up there (but these are just the distributors): http://www.shellusserver.com/wheretobuy/distributors.php?state=CO

The Sam's stores near me also carries it, even in 55 gallon drums. 😏