Sign in to follow this  

200 xc-w after wr450f

never ridden a 450... but i own a 08 200 xcw. they need to be jetted correctly imo. but they seem to ride more like a 125 2t meaning you have to be more aggressive of a rider as mentioned above,(higher in the rpm range) my buddies 250 xc seems to have a more 4t type delivery. compairing it with the 200 not your 450.

i love the 200.. test ride it...

good luck

Thanks for all of the posts. I ended up buying the bike Friday afternoon, but have been working this weekend so have not had time to take it up in the Mountains. I rode it for about 15min while looking at buying it. It feels super light! It vibrates more than I expected but I will get used to it. I am almost considering keeping the WR for a while and see if I don't like it better in the wide open areas that we sometimes ride...like Moab, or Juniper Dunes here in WA. We do a lot of riding up in the woods here in the Blues out of Walla Walla. I am looking forward to putting some time on it this week. Just a quick question, it is probably already covered somewhere. The guy I bought it from said fuel/oil 60:1? My son's KX 100 is recommended 32:1. Am I going to have to carry three cans? My gas, His gas, and the girls gas?

Thanks for all of the posts. I ended up buying the bike Friday afternoon, but have been working this weekend so have not had time to take it up in the Mountains. I rode it for about 15min while looking at buying it. It feels super light! It vibrates more than I expected but I will get used to it. I am almost considering keeping the WR for a while and see if I don't like it better in the wide open areas that we sometimes ride...like Moab, or Juniper Dunes here in WA. We do a lot of riding up in the woods here in the Blues out of Walla Walla. I am looking forward to putting some time on it this week. Just a quick question, it is probably already covered somewhere. The guy I bought it from said fuel/oil 60:1? My son's KX 100 is recommended 32:1. Am I going to have to carry three cans? My gas, His gas, and the girls gas?

you definitely don't need 32:1 in the 200. I wrestled with this as in my son's bike, a 65, I run 32:1 as told. Smaller displacements do typically need more oil. However, take this for what's it's worth, I don't like having 2 cans either, so, I compromised and mix 44:1 for both bikes with a good synthetic fluid. I don't think I am loosing any protection on my son's bikes and mine is in line with the 44.

I just can't stand to spend the money on fluid at 32:1....

Also, FWIW, more oil is leaner jetting, which can be IMHO, more risky than leaner mix...

The guy I bought it from said fuel/oil 60:1? My son's KX 100 is recommended 32:1. Am I going to have to carry three cans?

I had that problem - but I fixed it quickly. I was running 50:1 in my 200, my son was running 32:1 in his KX100. I changed his ratio to 50:1 and dropped a main jet size and his bike has been running good ever since. Now I have a couple of gas cans all with the same ration :smirk:

I did 5 days in Moab earlier this year and had an outstanding time on my 06 200XC-W it never lacked in the power department and I would think of it more like a powered mtn bike at Moab. The best thing I about it all was the 90+mi range on one tank of gas on a stock tank without going to reserve.

Dennis