Anyone using Lucas 2-stroke semi-synthetic premix? Its only $24 a gallon, so I might.

I'm running Klotz Benol(its full castor) right now and I like it. But I've heard alot about Lucas premix. I'm thinking about running it, especially because it would cut my premix costs in 1/2 almost. But does anyone in here run it? Does anyone who races or rides motocross hard run it?

Because I'm thinking about running it but I'm very hesitant about running it after having my bike blow up(crank went out and took out my piston) after only 2 rides of running a TC-W3(I'm pretty sure it wasn't the oil, but who knows if it would of happened with a castor oil?) And with how thin the Lucas oil premix is, I think it maybe a TC-W3 oil.

I tried amsoil interceptor for it's low smoke and spooge claims as it has a lower flash point. It definitely had lower smoke, and spooge with a spark arrestor was a little less.

Recently I had to replace my right case half. I found this gummy oil residue on my head, piston and down in the cavity where my crank is. I went back to yamalube 2r, it's messy, but always left a oily film (only) on everything.

I'm running 92 pump gas and 32:1 premix.

I was pushing the limits of lean jetting in a effort to reduce spooge, maybe that contributed to the problem.

Have run it for over seven years of mX and XC racing if it was 10.00 bucks a pint I'd still run it. Least carbon buildup longest plug life and top end life two stroke I have used in 25 years of racing. Got started on it when a friend of mine who managed an auto parts store gave us two quarts of it on a try this out tell me what you think about it deal. Well I've run it in Pollini 50, KTM 65 KX65, CR85RB RM125, CR125, CR250R, YZ250W1, 250XC and it works great in the chain saws and weed eaters too. What really sold me was after two years of racing I pulled my CR250R apart for a top end and the carbon in the head was so light it wiped out with a red rag left slick aluminum. The power valve was of course spooged but no hard carbon anywhere in it. I have to say I whole heartedly recommend this oil. It looks thin but it works great actually beyond great.

Edited by gruberyz
  • Like 1

Gruberyz can you get the UPC code off the bottle?

this is what our local store sells

as far as I can tell it's the exact same stuff in a different bottle

995D5D409638AA57754F112573E208CB.gif

Yeah that's the quarts I buy label changed color but UPC is same. Lucas website shows it as same upc also.

so product number 10058, 10059, 10110, 10115, 10120, 10125

all the same, can be blue or red can, labeled as "semi-syn" and as "high temp racing oil" all the same stuff, product sheet pdf's for both, also both show the same product numbers

• Like 1