YZ250F or a smaller 230 like a TTR?

Im 15, and only 5"2" and weigh 55kg (120 ish pounds) And ive just been riding a pitpro 125cc, which was fine untill recently where i began to excede bikes limits. I was thrashing it without trying to, it just doesnt have enough power. Im looking at roughly a 02-04 YZ250F. Ive read many forums and reviews etc. And sounds like the perfect bike for me. I mainly ride around at home in a 1 acre paddock with many jumps, so basically MX kinda riding. But at the same time i enjoy going up the bush and doing trail, but not super tight technical stuff as im only 15 :cheers: My only concern with a 250 in general is not being tall enough to ride it comfortably. My mate has a TTR 230 and i can sit on it quite comfortably except i personally i MUCH prefer a YZ250F. And a TTR230 isnt designed for what i prefer to do. Also i believe i will grow out of a TTR230 way too quick. So Should i wait till i grow more, get a TTR230 or will a YZ250F be fine? ๐Ÿ˜

Any comments/suggestions will be much appreciated ๐Ÿ˜

A yz250f will be fine. At first you might be a little short and have to plan your stops, but itsamuch better bike. Get the 250f

+1

The ttr is going to feel like a pig riding around in any kind of trails and it certainly isn't designed for any jumping that would suit an MX bike. You're young, and you still have a little growing left. I would get the 250f. Like desert said, just make sure you're stopping places that give you something to get your feet down on to make starting easier. I am short too, and I never had any problems at your age, never really thought about it much. Once you get the hang of it, you won't even realize the height of the bike as much.

Good Luck! ๐Ÿ˜

hahahaha, you are toooo short!

get a kx100 or a crf150rb

Haha :/ i am short as lol ill agree. But my dad is fair tall, something like 6"4

And he said he was short untill he hit 16ish and then had a massive growth spurt and shot right up. And at the moment ive only got a few hundred $ laying around. and '04-'05 YZ's are currently going for around 3000-4000. So i figured by the time i save up ill be fine ๐Ÿ˜ Will take me like 6 mnths or so to save up + extra money from xmas and my bday ๐Ÿ˜

A yz250f will be fine. At first you might be a little short and have to plan your stops, but itsamuch better bike. Get the 250f

Haha yeh, i remember when i got my first bike i could only just reach the ground if i had it on an angle lol. But yeh i will be getting it in 6months maybe 8. So fingers crossed i grow haha

+1

The ttr is going to feel like a pig riding around in any kind of trails and it certainly isn't designed for any jumping that would suit an MX bike. You're young, and you still have a little growing left. I would get the 250f. Like desert said, just make sure you're stopping places that give you something to get your feet down on to make starting easier. I am short too, and I never had any problems at your age, never really thought about it much. Once you get the hang of it, you won't even realize the height of the bike as much.

Good Luck! ๐Ÿ˜

Yeh, i rode my mates TTR on a simple trail i do every weekend and it was ALOT of effort haha. And he's had to get his forks fixed 2 times and upgrade the rear spring for jumping lol. Only problem with getting the bike is if dad says i have to wait till i grow but guess ill have 2 wait and see! ๐Ÿ˜

Just looked at seat shaving and linkage's and also i took into account my riding boots give me an extra inch or so :ride:

So i dont think height should be tooo much of a problem.

If anyone has anymore ideas on lowering i'd love too know! :cheers:

Edited by Whiplash04
Adding more stuff

Haha :/ i am short as lol ill agree. But my dad is fair tall, something like 6"4

And he said he was short untill he hit 16ish and then had a massive growth spurt and shot right up. And at the moment ive only got a few hundred $ laying around. and '04-'05 YZ's are currently going for around 3000-4000. So i figured by the time i save up ill be fine ๐Ÿ˜ Will take me like 6 mnths or so to save up + extra money from xmas and my bday ๐Ÿ˜

Holy s:foul:, $3000-4000 for 04-05 yz's? Thats a lot. Here you could pick one up for $1200-2000.

Holy s:foul:, $3000-4000 for 04-05 yz's? Thats a lot. Here you could pick one up for $1200-2000.

Haha yeh, I live in Australia and on ebay thats what there roughly going for :/ But theres always the chance of someone who's desperate money who will sell a nice bike for cheap ๐Ÿ˜

Edited by Whiplash04
Typo

You're going to grow soon, and your aggressive riding will increase. The TTR230 may not be the bike you want for jumping often.

I'd look at a KX100 or maybe a 125. Light weight is a lot more fun for hours of riding....and crashing/picking the bike up will be easier. And two strokes are a lot less maintenance.

But between the 250F and TTR230, I'd think long-term whichever bike you end up with.

i would get the 250f at the moment u migght be a little small but when u grow alittle ur going to be bumed u got such a small bike trust me i once was in ur shoes i went with a 85 big wheel instead of a 250f i was pissed when i grew and i was stuck with a little bike for quit some time ๐Ÿ˜

You're going to grow soon, and your aggressive riding will increase. The TTR230 may not be the bike you want for jumping often.

I'd look at a KX100 or maybe a 125. Light weight is a lot more fun for hours of riding....and crashing/picking the bike up will be easier. And two strokes are a lot less maintenance.

But between the 250F and TTR230, I'd think long-term whichever bike you end up with.

yeh, im riding a 125 pitpro (shit but does the job ๐Ÿ˜) and i love being able to throw it around for hours without being extremely tired. Only problem is theres not enough power there for me. :cheers:

i would get the 250f at the moment u migght be a little small but when u grow alittle ur going to be bumed u got such a small bike trust me i once was in ur shoes i went with a 85 big wheel instead of a 250f i was pissed when i grew and i was stuck with a little bike for quit some time :ride:

Yeh i know how you feel haha my mate did almost the same thing, and since then he lost his job, and now cant afford a decent bike ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ