NMA Members Trail Ride

We currently have 80 riders signed up for Saturday and around 70 for Sunday. There is still room for more so come on out and join us. If you are not a NMA member you can join either morning before the ride! ($30 for individual annual membership)

Here are the details:

Cascade Family Motorcycle Club

Presents

NMA Members Trail Ride

Taneum Junction

July 24 โ€“ 25, 2010

Come join the fun! Enjoy Mountain Trail Riding in the Wenatchee National Forest. You Must be a NMA Member to participate. NMA membership is available at event.

Rider Limit: 200 Riders Maximum

ORV Requirements: Motorcycles ONLY

Must have USFS approved Spark Arrestor

Must pass sound test of less than 97 DB

Northwest Forest Pass REQUIRED.

Annual passes are available at North Bend Chevron Station for $30. I-90 Exit 31 (by McDonalds) Day pass available at Taneum Junction for $5.

Sound Testing performed by Cle Elum Ranger District. Thanks Mikki and Crew!

Itinerary:

Saturday July 24, 2010

Riders Meeting: 8:30 AM

First Rider Out: 9:00 AM

BBQ: 4:00- 6:00 PM

NMA MEETING TO FOLLOW

Sunday July 25, 2010

Riders Meeting: 8:30 AM

First Rider Out: 9:00 AM

Menu:

Hamburgers and Hotdogs

Potato Salad

Chips

Baked Beans

Sodas and Water

Fee: Free to all NMA Members

Donations gladly accepted.

Directions:

Heading I-90 EAST: Take Exit 93 for the Elk Heights Rd. Turn Left at Elk Heights Road. Cross I-90. Go approx 0.4 miles and Turn Right on to Thorpe Prairie Road. Go approx 3.5 miles and turn right on to West Taneum Road. Cross I-90. Stay right on the West Taneum Rd. Go approx 8.9 miles and turn left at FS RD 3300 to Taneum Junction

Heading I-90 WEST: Take Exit 101 for the S Thorpe Highway. Turn LEFT onto S. Thorpe HWY. Cross I-90. Turn RIGHT on to Thorpe Cemetery Road. Go Approx. 4.7 miles. Go STRAIGHT onto West Taneum Road. Go approx 8.9 miles and turn left at FS RD 3300 to Taneum Junction

A Loop is approximately 70+ miles for Expert Level Riders

B Loop is approximately 30+ miles For Intermediate Level Riders

C Loop is approximately 10 miles for Intermediate and Beginner Riders. 1 Mile kids loop also available

Hope to see you there,

Gene Jackson

NMA Treasurer and CFMC member

Yes the riding area is a public venue and open to anyone. However you may want to stop by and check out the event. The NMA does a lot of great stuff especially in the area of fighting to keep public trails open. Membership is only $30 and it includes a subscription to Trail Rider Magazine. With over 100 miles of arrowed trails 80 riders should not be a problem. There are no set departure times and people can ride at whatever pace they like. Plus there is a nice BBQ Saturday afternoon.

Hope to see you there but regardless have fun and be safe riding!

GENE

Yes the riding area is a public venue and open to anyone. However you may want to stop by and check out the event. The NMA does a lot of great stuff especially in the area of fighting to keep public trails open. Membership is only $30 and it includes a subscription to Trail Rider Magazine. With over 100 miles of arrowed trails 80 riders should not be a problem. There are no set departure times and people can ride at whatever pace they like. Plus there is a nice BBQ Saturday afternoon.

GENE

I think i might try and come out Sunday. I have been wanting to get more involved and this would be the best way to do it. Plus, i need to redeem myself on the Hoyt Mine trail. lol

GENE

Hello Gene!

I'll be out sunday, looking foward to it!

Mike.

I've never camped out there -- do you think there is going to be enough room for a truck and a tent if I arrive Friday evening? ๐Ÿ˜

I guess I'll be prepared to sleep in the truck...

Not trying to jinx it but weather-wise it's supposed to be really nice ๐Ÿ˜

I've never camped out there -- do you think there is going to be enough room for a truck and a tent if I arrive Friday evening? ๐Ÿ˜

I guess I'll be prepared to sleep in the truck...

Not trying to jinx it but weather-wise it's supposed to be really nice ๐Ÿ˜

No problem finding a place to put the tent:thumbsup:

Mini's don't do well in the ruts. I luv them, but they got their 'issues'. Great pics Joe!!!

The boy that got lost was my responsibility. He's a relative newbie, and learned a great lesson.

Whenever you get lost, go back to where you last saw someone...and STAY THERE!!! If you can't find your way back to that place...carrying a fire source(bic lighter) is a great thing to do. Find an open area, build a small fire and STAY PUT. Someone will be looking for you. The fire will keep unwelcome wildlife away, and will give you something to do(keep it going). Carrying a small led flashlight is also an incredible help. Easy to pack, throw them in ๐Ÿ˜

Brett....i agree with everything except the fire......maybe in the desert but not in the dry forest. go to the last spot seen and wait. works every time.

Joe

everytime?

remember the time we all got seperated from bill, brett & my son at tahuya?

i was stressin that whole ride.he was in good hands runnin with bill & brett and it turned out to be a great day.we all gots ta get together and ride again soon.

Brett....i agree with everything except the fire......maybe in the desert but not in the dry forest. go to the last spot seen and wait. works every time.

Joe

If you gotta sit out in the woods all night...trust me, you'll be glad you got that SMALL fire. Caveats are if it's extra windy, otherwise...๐Ÿ˜

I'm not advocating building forest fires, but I've been broke down, and stranded all night in the woods...if it weren't for the fire, life would've been different that night. The possibility always exists that you could be out there all night. In my experience, night in the forest without fire isn't good on the mental.

Deliverance...Reiter style!

If you gotta sit out in the woods all night...trust me, you'll be glad you got that SMALL fire. Caveats are if it's extra windy, otherwise...๐Ÿ˜

I'm not advocating building forest fires, but I've been broke down, and stranded all night in the woods...if it weren't for the fire, life would've been different that night. The possibility always exists that you could be out there all night. In my experience, night in the forest without fire isn't good on the mental.