CRF 150r any good for 65 rider moving up?

I have the opportunity to buy an '08 from a fellow moto dad who's boy is moving up to the 250f. My son is 9, a full time racer since PW, CRF50, KTM Pro Sr., now KTM 65sx. He is currently a top C rider and will likely point out to B by end of this season. Many kids in his class are already running some bike in the 85C... very few on the CRF 150. A few dads I know well have even bougth 150's -- only to get rid of them and go back to the 2 stroke. None of these guys seem to have a convincing reason. Any help on this i appreciated. I like the idea of my boy getting experience on a four stroke and moving towards the 85C class.­čśĆ

Some have said this bike makes a better supermini ride than a 65 to 85 class ride... .

IT seems to me.... that C grade riders benefit the most from jumping onto a CRf150r, I've seen speed increase by alot with some of them. It's up to you but start learning how to do valves etc, by the way it's not that hard.

I have the opportunity to buy an '08 from a fellow moto dad who's boy is moving up to the 250f. My son is 9, a full time racer since PW, CRF50, KTM Pro Sr., now KTM 65sx. He is currently a top C rider and will likely point out to B by end of this season. Many kids in his class are already running some bike in the 85C... very few on the CRF 150. A few dads I know well have even bougth 150's -- only to get rid of them and go back to the 2 stroke. None of these guys seem to have a convincing reason. Any help on this i appreciated. I like the idea of my boy getting experience on a four stroke and moving towards the 85C class.­čśĆ

Some have said this bike makes a better supermini ride than a 65 to 85 class ride... .

Hi your son will have no problems riding the crf 150r,my son got his at the age of 9 and we had it new in 07 its been raced in enduro for 3 years now with no DNF,s,it does not require any special maintenance,check the valves and adjust if needed once every six month's,put a piston in once a year,change engine oil every 10 race hours and use a good synthetic oil,that's about it and he came of a crf 70 and moved up with no problems,take a look in my garage these bikes can go a long way,ours is now a full big wheel with loads of mods and 100% reliable,Martin.