db levels with Yosh

Had the pipe sound tested today:

Full Yosh SS. @ half throttle. Meter at right angles to the pipe a few feet away ( not sure of exact specs)

This pipe is new this season and has not been repacked yet.

Med TEC insert 108db

Small TECD insert 102db

I thought the small insert would have been much quieter!

I have the Yosh with the medium TEC, and it is about 96db. It sounds a little bit deeper than the stock pipe but not much louder. Plus I liked the power with the medium TEC better than the power without the TEC. It seemed to have better low to mid power.

Anyone know how quiet it is with the smallest TEC in?

And, just to clarify, when you buy the "TEC System", it comes with two different inserts and new endcap assembly, right? ?

It comes with 2 inserts the small, and medium. And the end cap withuot TEC is wide open. The Small TEC is about as quiet as the stock pipe with the endcap drilled out. I dont like using the small end cap because it makes my bike run crummy. Throttle response sucks, and the bike doesnt accelerate as well as with the med. tec. It seems like it is choked by the small endcap.

I think the 96/97 dB numbers are more correct for the medium TEC. I know my full Yosh with medium TEC is

quieter than my buddy's open Yosh on his XR400 and last year he tested under the 99 db limit. Also, the

small TEC insert sounds about as loud as stock which is about 92/93 db.

I have to go thru a sound check on Saturday, so I'll see if I can get a number for my med TEC.

I just put in the TEC tips for the first time. The medium one sounded around the 96 to 97 db level. The small tip was super quiet but the bike was way down on power too. I hope the medium one is 96 db because in California that's the law! ? How often should the can be repacked?

Greg, I put the full system on & its not that bad!! also have the TEC inserts (2 sizes, use endcap that comes w/ can). They gotta catch ya 1st. ? was designed to meet new db requirements. Problem is that most enforcers don't know how to use the tester.

Plus I liked the power with the medium TEC better than the power without the TEC. It seemed to have better low to mid power.

Is this true???? I live in So. Cal and ride open desert in the cool part of the year, but ride tight mountain trails in the summer and more low to mid at the expense of top end is worth it. ?