TC/TE 610/410 CH factory racing vented ignition cover

Thanks George,

I am thinking that flywheel windage is what motivates the airflow, i wonder if the factory bikes put some sort of low profile outer fins onto the flywheel as well?? (does not matter because I am not doing that even if they did).

PS she is 99.9% ready to go, I still need to verify the cam chain stretch (within limits) and also do the valve adjustment verification. Then I can get the carb setting dialed in.

I was going to say call George... he made a few up out of his shop.

And Robert, if you want that bike to run like a factory bike... then put George's pipe on it.

justSayen

I did install the UpTite pipe after all,,,,but I choked it down with S/A dB reducer end to keep it quiet. Just need to get the carb dialed in now. I stuck with OEM jetting because of the end cap, need to get the idle mix dialed in per Georges instructions.

right now I click down the enrichment lever, comp release and kick er through a few times and get up on tdc then a little past with comp release and she starts up easily. But once she warms a little bit she is a no starter and if left idling she will start to sputter an conk out. I think she is rich at idle and needs a good screwing!!! to get the mix right at idle. But like I said get the mech setting right first (cam chain check and Valve verication) fotos to follow.

Anyone know where and how the 90s early 00s era factory race bikes with the 2 hose vented ignition covers, ran their hoses? Airbox? hose end filters?

Thanks for asking this. I have one I need to install on my SM and also wondered how the hoses were routed. If I remember right, Ron Lawson raced a 610 in a DB article in '99 or '00 with one, but no good pics.

I did install the UpTite pipe after all,,,,but I choked it down with S/A dB reducer end to keep it quiet. Just need to get the carb dialed in now. I stuck with OEM jetting because of the end cap, need to get the idle mix dialed in per Georges instructions.

right now I click down the enrichment lever, comp release and kick er through a few times and get up on tdc then a little past with comp release and she starts up easily. But once she warms a little bit she is a no starter and if left idling she will start to sputter an conk out. I think she is rich at idle and needs a good screwing!!! to get the mix right at idle. But like I said get the mech setting right first (cam chain check and Valve verication) fotos to follow.

I find my 610 to be very sensitive to air screw position, sometimes necesitating a change during the day if the weather changes. 1/4-1/2 turn is all it takes to change it from a hard starting s.o.b. to a single kick. Also, I never let it stall during that lukewarm stage right after initial start-up and being fully warmed up. Starts easy cold or hot otherwise.