Insurance Deny Coverage?

Has anyone had their health insurance company deny coverage for a moto related injury?

Back in April my son took a nasty landing and broke his Tib/Fib. We took him to the Ortho and was treated.

Just the other day, I got a questionnaire in the mail from Aetna asking about details of the accident. Where was it? Address? What were the circumstances? Was it on someone else's property? and a bunch of other questions.

I'm a little freaked out as I don't want to say something that would cause them to deny the coverage. And I definitely don't want them to go after the track owner.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Ideas? I have an Aetna group plan.

Edited by 450xDaD

If you say it was anyone elses property but your own, they will go after the land/track owner to recoup their monies. This happens often...for sure dont tell them he was racing when it happened. I usually just tell them I was riding my bike in my back yard.

Has anyone had their health insurance company deny coverage for a moto related injury?

Back in April my son took a nasty landing and broke his Tib/Fib. We took him to the Ortho and was treated.

Just the other day, I got a questionnaire in the mail from Aetna asking about details of the accident. Where was it? Address? What were the circumstances? Was it on someone else's property? and a bunch of other questions.

I'm a little freaked out as I don't want to say something that would cause them to deny the coverage. And I definitely don't want them to go after the track owner.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Ideas? I have an Aetna group plan.

I ignore them and they stop sending them after a few tries. I don't think they can make you fill one out and I don't see ANY advantage to giving additional info to an insurance company.

My insurance company refused to file my claims until i gave them a written statement of what happend on my injury. I emphasized that I signed a waiver and understood the track rules (which I was in violation of) and that I was completely negligent.

i'm always just vague about it. i.e. i was riding a bike not a motorbike and i usually lie about where it happens. either at the house, the park, the forest, something like that.

i know for a fact that there's no exclusion for riding a motorcycle on my policy, but my supplemental insurance does have exclusions for competition, hopefully i never have to tread those waters.

If you say it was anyone elses property but your own, they will go after the land/track owner to recoup their monies. This happens often...for sure dont tell them he was racing when it happened. I usually just tell them I was riding my bike in my back yard.

That's what I do.

So did my Buddies father in-law until they made wait at the back of the line because he wasn't a serious threat.... He died waiting for his turn.

A cow ate my friend once.

Both of my moto-related injuries happened on public land. I would be hesitant to give them the name of the track owner if I got hurt at a track, but I'm not sure it's a great idea to lie to your insurance company either.

A cow ate my friend once.

Both of my moto-related injuries happened on public land. I would be hesitant to give them the name of the track owner if I got hurt at a track, but I'm not sure it's a great idea to lie to your insurance company either.

Well, sent the form in. We were as vague as we could be....riding a "bike" not being specific as to motorbike or bicycle on MY property...hopefully that will do for the greedy bastards...

I just got the same thing from USAA, got em before also, all they are trying to do is determine if their is a third party at fault so they collect against them, a track would not be at fault since you probably have to accept a waiver of damages to ride there, but if someone hit you etc. they would. It isnt a big deal. Just tell them riding in trails and fell, but they will continue to send them and legally (in the USA) they deny converge if you dont fill it out.

Just tell them it happened while riding on state land. Do not tell them it happened at you home if you own it as you will have a claim against your home owners insurance pretty quick.

They are looking for someone else that may be at fault or that they can send the bill to. you will see this every time you have a major injury. Just complete the form and tell them it happened on public/state land and be done with it, unless of course there was a abulance ride that was involved or something else that would tell them otherwise.

Many times if you don't completee the form they have the option to not pay the claim, not to say it will happen, but they have that option if you decide not to give them information...

I had a letter that I ignored twice and finally called in when they sent the third and final one. I was really vague with answering the questions but it is correct that they are just looking for some 3rd party to sue. Not sure about lying or not, or describing your own property vs some other property, but be as vague as possible. They are just grateful you responded because they probably know their threatening letters go in the trash so often.