What TO DO? *DELETED*

I'd tell them to give you your money back right away, or give you the brand new DRZ they are comparing it too if it runs so good. This would probably be easier for the dealer too, they won't have any pressure from the guy that just plopped over 5 grand down for a bike that won't quiet down.

Hope you have better luck with your next DRZ! ๐Ÿ™‚

I wish it was that easy!!!. But is has all to go thru American Suziki Corp. Unfortunantley this is a company that #1 does not answer the phone and if you actually wait long enough to get a human being on the line you are promptley dissconected. Belive me I have tryed. ๐Ÿ™‚

maybe ya are just unlucky, i got my 2000 S in 2002

and the bike are still in good running condition after storing in the warehouse for 2 years.

i got a good deal for it, most of the zook owner here have not much problem with their bike. ๐Ÿ™‚

Man... what a headache. :D Do they really hang up on you? That's terrible if so.

Needless to say if you get a refund, get your replacement bike elsewhere. Wish there was something we could do except sympathise... ๐Ÿ™‚

At least you can ride Greybeard's DRZ to get used to the bike :D

Demand your money now, threaten a lemon law suit, or file a lemon law suit, or wait...

Those to me seem to be your only 4 options at this point in time.

You qualify for lemon law as it has been 30 days out of service this week, right..?

From what the dealer tells me??, not only are complete engines unavailable but also cylinder,s??, I was told they had to pull a new bike off the floor to remove the cylinder for my bike!!, I asked, why not just give me the new bike? and was told that it was not up to the dealer but a desicion made by American Suzuki. aparently this is not a rare situation if you would like more info go to the better buissness bureau site and check out American Suzuki Motors Corp. They have a unsatisfactory buissness rating performance. Based on a consistent pattern of customer complaints. (Note; Iam quoteing from the BBB site).Problems are new and used motorcycles being sold defective. I.E. numerous mechanical defects,repeated mechanical repairs,dificulty with warranty claims,dificulty contacting company,many complaints unresolved,many complaints unanswered. It's no BS take alook at the BBB site and when you are done look at the Consumer reports site, it does,nt get better. Bottom line it may be a rare thing to get a lemon from Suzuki?, but if you do LOOK OUT!!. ๐Ÿ™‚

:D Well, I've following this problem in the forum, as well as on the phone to sonorawfo. We bought both bikes at the same time to get a deal on them (Actually, my wife bought mine as a suprise birthday present!) He's the one who did all the research on th DRZ S. He convinced me not to buy a Honda XR650, but to buy the Suzuki! :D I rode sororawfo's bike the first day we rode, and it was noisier than mine, sounded like valvetrain noise, but it ran good!

I feel he should get a new bike from Suzuki/and the Dealer! It isn't a new bike after it's been torn down and reassembled that many times! What future problems might occur down the road as a result of all the dealer wrenching on it? After a few tries they should have replaced the engine to satisfy a customer. I work at a R V dealer, and we have exchanged R V's (lot's more money)because they had too many faults, or unrepairable problems. The manufacturer buys them back to find and fix the problem on the assembly line.

I think we who subscribe to this forum, might be able to help. :D we can e-mail Merced Power Sports at www.mercedpowersports.com and let them know, as a group we won't do business with a dealer that doesn't take good care of it's customers. The power of losing future business is strong. I've learned that too harsh of a message, only makes the recipient defensive. Just politely inform them that you've been following this problem on the Thumper Talk forum, and it will affect how you perceive this dealer, by how they resolve this problem. After all sonorawfo has lost a month of riding his bike due to the dealer/Suzuki not quickly resolving his problem! Me too, I've lost my riding partner because of this. We plan on laying out some loops for our fellow TT riders, but really can't until he gets his bike back! This whole issue sucks! :D I plan on e-mailing them tomorrow! :D Anyone else care to help? Thanks from ole greybeard ๐Ÿ™‚

now i know for sure they jacking you off.you can buy cylinders and motors all day long!

what was the piston to cylinder clearance?demand to know.they wont tell you becuase they have pulled the head or measured anything!

even if cylinder is backordered right now,there are a dozen places that can replate it to bring it back in to spec.