Shut down ! more X Games ??( Josh Hill hurt )

Josh Hill had a horrible crash today while attempting a back flip while practicing for the upcoming X Games. Hill suffered a broken right femur and a dislocated hip those are just a few of his injuries. Is X games really good for the sport of Motocross and some of the pro racers who get caught up in the fanfare of competing in it, or is it just a money making circus for its money hungry producers knowing that it's riders will continue to push the boundaries of safety in order to win, just as the gladiator fought the lion in the coliseum to prove he could it and to please the crowd.

Your thoughts ( as long as their mature )

Racers need to learn that they are racers, not free style guys. Just because it involves dirt bikes doesn't mean the two are related. Racers are racers, free stylers are free stylers.... The race teams need to put a clause in the riders contracts that they can not participate in FMX.... Feel sorry for Josh Hill, but it's his own fault, he shouldn't be doing that crap! Go get another racer S/M....

X Games is essential to Freestyle guys anymore, their not getting as many gigs as Supercross racers, and for the most part they think supercross guys shouldnt be there.

As more things get thrown into X Games sure more people will get involved, They know the risk and they want the fame and the fancy medals.

Racers need to learn that they are racers, not free style guys. Just because it involves dirt bikes doesn't mean the two are related. Racers are racers, free stylers are free stylers.... The race teams need to put a clause in the riders contracts that they can not participate in FMX.... Feel sorry for Josh Hill, but it's his own fault, he shouldn't be doing that crap! Go get another racer S/M....

Kind of like McGrath's contract with Honda. He wasn't allowed to do any jet skiing or wake boarding or anything that made it seem like he would enjoy his summers off.

xgames is necessary for fmx, love it or hate it, and i think most competitors hate it. but it's a ton of bang for the buck for the sponsors and the guys who participate earn their sponsorships through their product placement and it enables them to continue riding every day paying the mortgage and making videos.

hill doing fmx is pretty silly. risking your racing career, which is extrememly short-lived, isn't worth it to me. seems similar to bubba clipping a wall while doing supermoto practice.

I hope this hard charger gets well soon ... and this can happen to anyone...racers \ riders of all and any kind .... Who was Jeremy Lusk and what did he ride?

Of course they are exploited ... lol ... Why do you have to ask? The young are foolish so they are exploited by their elders .... usually for $$ .... The old are exploited usually because they can not defend themselves or don't understand what is happening ...Us in the middle should know better ...

And not just in bike riding .... In most if not all aspects of living ... This is the way of life ... get used to it ...

Edited by ray_ray

Bravo husky. Racers should stick to racing and freestyle guys should stick to ripping up golf courses!

Freestyle would not exist if it wasn't for motocross and supercross riders. So to say racers shouldn't be doing tricks only freestyler's should just doesn't make sense. I'm sure Hill and ALL racers who do freestyle or other activities know what the consequences COULD be.

Freestyle would not exist if it wasn't for motocross and supercross riders. So to say racers shouldn't be doing tricks only freestyler's should just doesn't make sense. I'm sure Hill and ALL racers who do freestyle or other activities know what the consequences COULD be.

Only a moron doesn't know that there WILL be consequences. Name one freestyle guy who hasn't suffered any consequences. It may have started a long time ago with guys who used to race, but, there seems to be an influx of kids who only want to do freestyle and have no interest in racing. Just because mediocre racers started the big FMX revolution, doesn't mean one needs the other to be popular. I think for the most part, they draw in different crowds, certainly different age demographics.

Same for moto. Makes no difference as all aspects of riding dirtbikes are dangerous.

To a point. We all run a risk, but I imagine there are fewer moto guys who have suffered the amount of injuries as a lot of of those FMX guys. For them, it seems to be, what bones haven't they broke.

Ahh makes perfect sense for someone who gets paid tons of money to race to risk it all trying to do a backflip?

True and from that standpoint you do wonder what Larry Brookes was thinking even letting this happen.

hahaha.....He was probably thinking, "yes! here is our chance for him to bust himself up so badly we can release him from the contract and sign Bubba's little bro"....! Hell.... LB probably gave him a little push down the take-off ramp!!! ?

That's too bad for Josh Hill. I hope he has a fast recovery.

I think a lot of the racers do the x games for exposure. Plus, it's something new for the fans. I love watching the racers at x games. Is it risky, yeah, but so is racing. True, they are better at racing, so the risk factor goes down a little, but sometimes taking risks brings big rewards. Also, it's probably in their blood to take risks and be competitive.

.... Who was Jeremy Lusk and what did he ride? ...

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/community/article_99e96aeb-257a-504c-b60d-9594f6511742.html

This pretty much sums it up about the X Games (from the article):

"The idea that riders are cheating death is used to market the sport by both the X Games, sponsors and the riders themselves."

That can be said about most sports though. Says a lot about the human condition.

True and from that standpoint you do wonder what Larry Brookes was thinking even letting this happen.

Im sure Brooks didnt know about this. Last year Stewart was gonna try one in a FOAMPIT on a MINI bike and still didnt want him to do it. You would think that if he didnt want stewart doing one in a foampit, hes not gonna let Hill try one on dirt.