Kelly Flats report

Well, the wife and I went up and rode Kelly Flats today. Never been up there before, but figured it would be new and different... The views were awesome! The trail, on the other hand, left a bit to be desired... The first part was okay, but really loose. I started up heart attack hill, but it was sooooo loose that the tire was spinning more than anything else. Instead of wrestling the bikes up in the heat, we took the bypass, which was actually pretty fun. Once up there though, the trail shortly turned into a full on road that would be more suited to a car. After a while it turned back into marginally fun dirtbikeing again, but mostly it was pretty eh as far as riding. Like I said before though, great scenery! And there were very few people up there...

Swagger, I need to get some contact info for you. By the time I read your post, it was too late to tell you not to go to Kelly Flats. That area is fair at best and something we ride at the end of the day if we need a little bit extra. You needed to go farther up Poudre Canyon to Rustic and turn North. Go up the road about 1/3 mile and park and ride 7 mile. When you got to the end of Kelly Flats, you hit this road.

If you ride Seven Mile, you can ride up to the Swamp Creek Cutoff and head towards Green Ridge. There are a lot of good trails up there. You were just in the wrong area.

The NCTR should be having some scheduled rides soon in these areas that you can go on as well.

You can e-mail me at vmaxcbr900wr426@aol.com

well, it was someplace new anyway... Next time we are planning on hitting seven mile and seeing what we can connect to. I need to get a good topo map of the area and see what goes where and stuff. Neither of us have plates, so I can't ride on the county roads though.

my e-mail at home is ingridandralf@msn.com if you ever want to e-mail me.