The Original Saddleback Park

I was on a Mt bike ride this morning in Irvine park, I took a trail that took me by the edge of the old Saddleback Park. What memories it brought back. I could see the top of Materhorn hillclimb. I was there early enough so there were no rangers about. I did wander over to some of the old trails there. Still some signs of old but grown over trails.

What a waste to see all that land and not being able to ride on with a motorcycle. I could see the toll road from where I was at, what a bummer to see a highway where I use to ride.

i rode saddleback in the early 80s.One time we were there riding when they were having a national and my self and about 5 other people watch Bob Hannah fly off of the Matahorn,burm the bottom flip a u turn and roost right back up.Like it was nothing.I was 17 at the time and it was the most amazing thing i had ever seen done on a dirt bike.Saddle back was awesome i really miss that place.

Memories,,,,,what a past time in our lives,,,,,they were the best of times,,,,,we sure had fun. Memories,,,,,I can see it clear as day,,,,,they were some real great times,,,,,,we sure had fun.

That was a nice little ditty for yah.

I cut my teeth on that park.

Gadget man, just behind you to the left is the Orange and red truck of my buddy Mike, thats my 77 black Ford F-100. What a small world. We used to meet there every Sunday for years until it closed.

I just had to go chase down my wife to show her the pictures. Thanks for the memories. There was many at the Great Saddleback!

Gadget man, just behind you to the left is the Orange and red truck of my buddy Mike, thats my 77 black Ford F-100. What a small world. We used to meet there every Sunday for years until it closed.

I just had to go chase down my wife to show her the pictures. Thanks for the memories. There was many at the Great Saddleback!

That is just way to cool. I used to ride with Colin every once in a while (I had no bike) and his best friend, Doug Dubach, Yep the Dr. D himself. We would watch him race. Like I said, WAY TO COOL. ­čśĆ :smirk: