What is the best 250f??

im thinking of buying a second hand 2008-2010 250f. i am wanting to know which one would be best for reliability, maintanence cost, performance. also one that would last the longest without having to replace pistons/crank/rebuild etc. it needs to be able to perform well in trails aswell (i am planin on doing some motox but performance on trails is more important to me). i have access to hondas, yamahas, kawasakis, suzukis and KTMs. Thanks!

Edited by drtbkeridr

1. crf250r (best overall but alot of maintainence)

2. yz250f (worst motor and power but best handling and suspension)

3. kx250f (opposite of yamaha)

4. rmz250 (like the honda but everythings a little worse and its known to have problems)

5. ktm250 (sucks ass, terrible handlinng and suspension and lacks bottom end pull)

4. rmz250 (like the honda but everythings a little worse and its known to have problems)

5. ktm250 (sucks ass, terrible handlinng and suspension and lacks bottom end pull)

I find fault in everything you said.

A crf250 is the powerhouse of them, It handles good but probably not the greatest, You will want a suspension revalve/spring on whatever bike you get.

A Well maintenenced honda will outlast most of them. And their parts are cheaper/sold differently.

Your getting an 08-10 so alot of the kinks were worked out before 08, and the FI bikes being sold now should be solid.

hey thanks for all your input. ive decided that the most important factors in which bike i choose are: one that has the cheapest/least maintanence, reliability, and engine longetivity (how long the engine will last before needin some serious work done to it). Thanks again!

hey thanks for all your input. ive decided that the most important factors in which bike i choose are: one that has the cheapest/least maintanence, reliability, and engine longetivity (how long the engine will last before needin some serious work done to it). Thanks again!

I know everyone's got an opinion of what is better, but the bottom line is any bike can be worst or best when it comes to reliability. Maintained properly - they can last for a long time, abuse it and the best of em will fail. When buying used buy based on bike condition and price, not brand. Then set up the bike however you like it.

I am/was kind of in the same boat as you. So heres some info that i gathered from research and what people had to say.

Since your looking at 08 and newer all of them will do teh job and do it well

-honda will require a little more maintance and keeping an eye on valves/etc..great handling and power though

-kawi is real strong with his 09 model, super reliable, great power/handling

-yz250f bullet proof, little flat on power for some but for trails it would be good

-ive read good thigns about the 2010 ktm's

with that said, i plan to go with either the kawi or the yz250f...kawi being my first choice, then yami and honda right there with the yami

If this is really your goal, buy a 250 2 stroke.

What a big ol hot steeming pile of bull sh!t......... just another honda lover...

I can smell it from here!!!!!

Realality is: KTM has strongest engine but you'll have to work to get the suspension set up right but when it done it great.

RMZ turns better then any other & good motor. No more problems than any other.... Great suspension (showa)

KXF strong engine but harsh suspension/ some say hard to turn tight (longer frame)

YZF light engine but good suspension

CRF strong engine if the valves don't give away....

reverse everything this guy said, except maybe maint on the crf250r as they have always had valve eating issues