Sign in to follow this  

Official Thread: 2011 TE449, TC449 and TE511!

"Their twins however are exceptionally difficult to work on and I'd rather be on my HP2 any day (except I'll admit the WP48's from a 950 are going on it this week). Power wise the HP2 boxer is a joy to ride anywhere and everywhere, now that it's gonna have proper suspenders the 950 will have nothing I want on a large bike."

Funny, never noticed with the 3 I've had. What is hard, the carbs? The valves? The gear driven cams are a breeze if the valves ever move and I've followed along threads with a guy (who had never opened an engine) who rebuilt one to the bare cases. They are simple, sturdy and easy to tear down. Now, lets change a clutch on that BMW twin! 20 minutes on a LC8, how man you days do you need on your BMW?

Ride a SE off road and get back to me on the HP2. Just that you need to replace the entire front end says alot about you know who, BMW!!!

HR, you must have spent an hour researching that, nice work! The big bikes aren't even allowed at Dakar anymore and yes, its changed but really in the big class, the LC8 was a dominant bike over the Hus...BMWs. BMW never really had competition till KTM and the story goes...so...

My brother has a new GS and forget anything but puttering off road, like dirt roads. I've had the Adv and SE over +70' triples on the MX track. Real world, not factory race teams matter to me. I may even race my SE950 this weekend at Sahara Sands, you going??? :banana:

I don't care if the bike wins everything it enters, the top guys can ride around weakness in a design and a factory semi + helicopter with mechanics replacing any/all parts between motos/tests isn't me with my tool box and safety wire with a wasted torque limiter. (thanks 4 reminding me of those little gems Atl!)

Will this bike be a turd? I can't tell but I'm betting the guys with BMW 450s will love it. Everyone else??? There is enough wrong with it in my eye that the performance would have to just blow me away. The reviews are not showing that at this point.

I've had the Adv and SE over +70' triples on the MX track.

I had my '70 triple on a MX track a couple of times but the Mach III's suspension wasn't really up to the task.:banana:

I've had the Adv and SE over +70' triples on the MX track. :banana:

QUOTE]

I'm calling bullshit. Have a friend take a pic and post it.

Yep...I need to see a picture before I believe!

This guy is so full of shit that your eyes will water if you stand ten feet

away from him. OK jjm175, full disclosure !! You've never told us why you've

spent so much time and energy trying to discredit a bike that you've never

ever even been close to let alone ride. This is insanely bizaar behavior and

although I've never spent any time on the KTM forum, I'd be willing to bet

my life savings ,(which isn't shit) that you won't find any Husky fans trying

to inject negative bs just to stir the pot. Again it's just kind of out there in

left field sort of behavior and it has me wondering if you're really all there.

Are you hearing voices telling you that you are the "Anti-Husky".:banana::lol:

Man....I crack myself up...God luv ya, jjm60.....you go girl !!!..

Robert thanks for posting the link to MCNEWS!

Anyway full specification including info on the 6 speed wide ratio transmission!

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2011_Bikes/Husqvarna/Husky_2011_449_511.pdf

:banana:

I just went back and started from the begining for grins and giggles. So, anything wider than a 25 year old Honda CR500R 5-speed is "wide ratio"? :eek: The TE 449/511 is 2.49:1 from first to sixth. (Note - scroll way down between the 5-speed Aprilia 550 twin and the 5-speed DRZ 400.)

Thank Montesa vr for maintaining the comprehensive list! ;)

From http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13721738&postcount=171

5.00 Montesa Cota 349 (6 speed) 25.25

4.97 Fantic 300 25.12

4.41 Yamaha TY250L 22.26

4.38 Yamaha DT175E (6 speed) 22.08

4.00 Honda TL250 (5 speed) 20.20

3.90 Yamaha XT225 (6 speed) 19.69

3.82 Montesa V75 Enduro (5 speed) 19.29

3.80 Hercules 250 (7 speed) 19.19

3.78 Honda CRF230L (6 speed) 19.12 (current widest ratio dual sport)

3.75 Suzuki DR125 (6 speed) 18.95

3.74 Can-Am 175 ASE 18.85

3.69 Montesa Enduro 360H (6 speed) 18.63

3.63 Kawasaki Sherpa 250 (6 speed) 18.30

3.54 Husqvarna 500XC 17.89

3.53 Suzuki RS175Z 17.85

3.53 Husqvarna 400WR 1984 17.82

3.53 Honda XR200R (6 speed) 17.81

3.51 Honda XR250R (6 speed) 17.69

3.47 Kawasaki KE125A5 (6 speed) 17.49

3.46 Yamaha XT250 2008 (5 speed) 17.50

3.45 Yamaha TW200 (5 speed) 17.43

3.45 Suzuki PE175D (6 speed) 17.42

3.40 Husqvarna TE610 (6 speed) 17.16

3.40 Honda XR200R 1984 17.16

3.36 Yamaha WR250R/WR250X (6-speed) 16.99

3.32 Kawasaki KLR250 (6 speed) 16.76

3.29 Yamaha Tenere (5 speed) 16.61

3.27 BMW G650X (5 speed) 16.54

3.25 Pegaso 650 (5 speed) 16.41

3.19 Husqvarna 175XC 16.10

3.18 Kawasaki KDX200 (6 speed) 16.08

3.18 KTM 530 E/XC-R (6 speed) 16.07

3.18 Husaberg FE650E (6 speed) 16.07

3.18 Honda XR650L (5 speed) 16.07

3.15 Kawasaki KLX250 (6 speed) 15.91

3.14 Yamaha IT200 (6 speed) 15.88

3.14 Honda XR350R (6 speed) 15.86

3.13 BMW F650GS (5 speed) 15.79

3.06 KTM 640 Adventure (5 speed) 15.44

3.04 KTM 950 (6 speed) 15.37

3.03 Yamaha XT500G (5 speed) 15.29

3.03 Suzuki DR350 (6 speed) 15.28

3.01 KTM 520 E/XC (6 speed) 15.16

2.93 Suzuki DR650 (5 speed) 14.77

2.88 Yamaha WR450 (5 speed) 14.52

2.88 KTM 690 (6 speed) 14.51

2.86 Kawasaki KLR650, KLX650 (5 speed) 14.42

2.82 Honda XR400 (5 speed) 14.27

2.80 BMW G450X (5 speed) 14.10

2.68 Kawasaki KLX450R (5 speed) 13.51

2.66 Honda XR650R (5 speed) 13.43

2.65 Suzuki DRZ400 (5 speed) 13.36

2.47 Aprilia RXV 550 (5 speed) 12.46

2.45 Husqvarna TE250 (6 speed) 12.40

2.21 Honda CR500R (5 speed) 11.17

Edited by Sparrowhawk

Drop that 2t triple in a new Husky & I'm all tingly! :banana:

That's what a time warp will do. In 1970 the 499 cc, 54 hp, 405 lb., 2t triple Kawasaki Mach III was the quickest thing you could buy on wheels. It gave me a boner to whack the throttle in the first 3 gears when it was on the band. There was no way to keep the front wheel on the ground. Now it doesn't even compare to the 654 cc, 62 hp, 305 lb. KTM 690R. Speaking of the 690R, the biggest owner complaint is the narrow six-speed tranny (now the third narrowest production six-speed tranny after Husky's TE 250/310 and 449/511 and still wider than BMW's 5-speed G450X). :eek: Of course, the TE 630 has about the same power, weighs the same, costs $1,000 less than the 690, and has a great tranny. ;)

Edited by Sparrowhawk

That's what a time warp will do. In 1970 the 499 cc, 54 hp, 405 lb., 2t triple Kawasaki Mach III was the quickest thing you could buy on wheels. It gave me a boner to whack the throttle in the first 3 gears when it was on the band. There was no way to keep the front wheel on the ground. Now it doesn't even compare to the 654 cc, 62 hp, 305 lb. KTM 690R. Speaking of the 690R, the biggest owner complaint is the narrow six-speed tranny (now the third narrowest production six-speed tranny after Husky's TE 250/310 and 449/511 and still wider than BMW's 5-speed G450X). :banana: Of course, the TE 630 has about the same power, weighs the same, costs $1,000 less than the 690, and has a great tranny. :eek:

I half meant I'd be all tingly cause my hands, arms and arse would be numb! I hear it vibes near as bad as a new TE449!!!

Why post here, I'm still a HUsky owner, and anything in the plated catagory 450ish class is a potential purchase for me.

Sorry to intterupt your regularly scheduled HVA/BWM commercial but I'm HERE!

I half meant I'd be all tingly cause my hands, arms and arse would be numb! I hear it vibes near as bad as a new TE449!!!

Why post here, I'm still a HUsky owner, and anything in the plated catagory 450ish class is a potential purchase for me.

Sorry to intterupt your regularly scheduled HVA/BWM commercial but I'm HERE!

The G450X is the smoothest running thumper (.) While I've had some smooth running 525's in my stable, the G450X is the smoothest in regards to vibes that I've ever been on, 2009 suspension might jar your teeth out, but the engine will not whether on the trail or street (though too much street riding is quite possible) I'd even rate it smoother then the BMW 650 singles, and that's pretty dang smooth in thumper talk

jj525 read in a internet article that it vibrated....so it must be true.:banana:

The G450X is the smoothest running thumper (.) While I've had some smooth running 525's in my stable, the G450X is the smoothest in regards to vibes that I've ever been on, 2009 suspension might jar your teeth out, but the engine will not whether on the trail or street (though too much street riding is quite possible) I'd even rate it smoother then the BMW 650 singles, and that's pretty dang smooth in thumper talk

The one I rode was fine as far as vibes, BMW450X, track only though, no street which can change everything. Now that it puts out, (what HR? Class leading HP, right?), more power than before it has reported vibes at higher RPM in TC form.

Quote, "jj525 read in a internet article that it vibrated....so it must be true."

And you guys read a press release and assume its all true, a revolution in motorcycles, right? OK? For a bunch of guys who complain about me being critical about observations with actual #s, like the gearing spread, the fuel capacity, the obviously massive sportbike tail... and actual ride reports without ever having ridden one, you forget that the biggest mouthpiece for the bikes on the planet has never ridden one either. That cuts both ways if you want to try to even appear fair minded.

Putting stock in only positive press or Mfg statements is a sure way to get disappointed at some point.

Oh yeah, I forgot, its got a Husky decal so that is all BS! HAhaha...

Viva Husqvarna!:bonk:

The one I rode was fine as far as vibes, BMW450X, track only though, no street which can change everything. Now that it puts out, (what HR? Class leading HP, right?), more power than before it has reported vibes at higher RPM in TC form.

Quote, "jj525 read in a internet article that it vibrated....so it must be true."

And you guys read a press release and assume its all true, a revolution in motorcycles, right? OK? For a bunch of guys who complain about me being critical about observations with actual #s, like the gearing spread, the fuel capacity, the obviously massive sportbike tail... and actual ride reports without ever having ridden one, you forget that the biggest mouthpiece for the bikes on the planet has never ridden one either. That cuts both ways if you want to try to even appear fair minded.

Putting stock in only positive press or Mfg statements is a sure way to get disappointed at some point.

I bumped up peak HP on the G450X by over 6rwhp and as much as 8hp gain within the curve from full Akra and power commander, really not much to do in the engine short of a minor compression tweaking and my G450X only got smoother. So if the HSQ is more buzzy, then I'd be of the opinion the frame is inducing a resonance vibe because the case, crank and counterbalancer are all the same from HSQ TE449 to G450X.

Oh, and no funky rubber mounted isolated handle bars either on the G450X and still smooth as warm butter

I guess with all this talk of swearing the motor is smooth as butter...we will just have to see. I will wish and hope for the bike to be a amazing as we all hope for.:bonk:

I never claimed this bike was anything, I haven't rode it. It appears you have?

I've ridden the bikes first generation version, the BMW 450X.

You may not have claimed anything but someone else has sung its praises and how it will deliver us from the dark ages of current primitive motorcycling with uber high tech and revolutionary designs. Seems however it has been leaving the impression with many journalists that it may but not quite nearly equal the performance of a certain SOHC carburated bike...

And everybody knows they built a MX version but not to actually be competetive or even compared to any other bike in the 450 class, I guess thats why its a 449?

jjm525 I can see between the lines and know BS when its flung as well as the next guy. I can see that the info that HR is putting out may or may not be true just as the things your saying may or may not be true. The problem with your opinion (and its all just opinions since we've never seen the bike) is that its all negative and you appear to want the bike to be a POS and maybe you'll get your wish, but it serves no purpose to slam something you havn't seen. Look at it this way if I make a statement without knowing you that you are a smart open minded positive thinker its all good, no harm no foul but if I say you are a stupid close minded negative *ss hat without knowing you then I look stupid. I'm not saying don't be realistic and critical of a product but to say negative things about something you've never seen or used serves no purposeand and carries little weight. The bike will be what it is no matter what you, HR or anyone says on this forum . Will it have bugs to work out...hell yes...even your perfect pumkins have issues.Lets move on and wait for a real person to ride one. I don't know what your problem is with BMW but get over it and see the product for what it is or isn't.

Edited by ss440gp

I don't know what your problem is with BMW but get over it and see the product for what it is or isn't.

jjm525's beef with BMW is they wouldn't warrantee his BMW SUV after he changed the wheels.

In jjm525's mind.... he was improving the handling:

attachment.php?attachmentid=209181&d=1168035248

Personally if it was me I'd pull him over. :bonk:

JustSayen

jjm525's beef with BMW is they wouldn't warrantee his BMW SUV after he changed the wheels.

In jjm525's mind.... he was improving the handling:

attachment.php?attachmentid=209181&d=1168035248

Personally if it was me I'd pull him over. :bonk:

JustSayen

I like how they even advertise the 40" on the side. Someone needs a life. :foul: