Sign in to follow this  

Official Thread: 2011 TE449, TC449 and TE511!

Ok, we're only days away from the official release of the new Husqvarna 2011 TE449, TC449 and TE511!

http://couragenotincluded.com

If anyone thought I was going to post photos of the bikes before the release... well you're going to have to wait.

What's my take on the new 2011 449 and 511 models? I think they're going to set a new benchmark on how all the other open class 4-strokes are measured.

And no I'm not sitting on 10 preproduction motorcycles that disappeared from the factory last week.

BlipBlip/HuskyRips

Edited by HuskyRips

Just curious....... what makes this thread "Official" ?

I suppose it's better having one thread instead of 5 on the new product release and I posted the thread which is pretty close to be official. :smirk:

Did you type "499" on purpose or did you mean "449"?

Ya, it was a typo... me bad.. fixed now.

1 day, 6 hours and counting... :smirk:

I've been looking forward to this launch and anticipate this forum to be a hot bed of discussion regarding this new bike. Unfortunately I will be on vaction on a lake with no internet access, so I guess I will miss all the fun.

HR are these TC's basically the moto-only versions of the basic frame-and-motor package they are racing in enduro? The one we've been enjoying and speculating about for several months??!!!

C'mon spill a few beans about them!!!!

C'MON!

Don't you know who he is?:smirk:

omg is he HM? like his av? Are you, HR??! Spill da beans on that, too!

• Like 1

husky-press-launch.jpg

2011 Husqvarna TC449 First Ride Next Week

Friday, July 23, 2010

JC Hilderbrand Off-Road Editor

We're off to test the new 2011 Husqvarna TC449 dirt bike. Husqvarna is flying us off to Italy once again for a new dirt bike introduction. The last time we went it was for the 2011 Husqvarna TE630/SM630 First Ride. We spent all our time roving the streets around Husky's new headquarters in Varese. But, ha-ha! This time around we've got more serious intentions.

Husky revealed the TC450 prototype in April and we've been anxious to see when it would be available for the general public. Well, the wait is over. Officially dubbed the TC449, the Husky/BMW love child is ready to be put through the wringer of the world press. MotoUSA and a handful of other American rags are on our way over to sample the ground-breaking machine next week.

You might remember from the original article, the TC449 has the engine, or one similar, from the BMW G450X nestled into an all-new chassis which features inverted linkage. That's right, the linkage is on top of the swingarm, and the countershaft sprocket is located on the swingarm pivot. I've only got two days in Italy, one to drive from the airport to the riding location on the northeastern coast, and one to actually ride the bike. Not much seat time, but I'm stoked anyway.

We're also supposed to have the TE310, TEi250 (the "i" is new) and TE449. Stay tuned for the 2011 Husqvarna TC449 First Ride article and video as quick as I can get it wrapped up.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2/742/5/Motorcycle-Blog-Post/2011-Husqvarna-TC449-First-Ride-Next-Week.aspx

Glad to see someone innovating in this economy. Just wish I had some cabbage to buy one.

More from what's happening over in Fano Italy where the event is being hosted. The event starts Tuesday the 27th. Below is from www.fanoinforma.it translated by Google translation tools... Hey..... what do squid have to do with a new motorcycle release?:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanoinforma.it%2FEventi%2Fart20046%2F26_luglio_10%2FFano_il_calamara_diventa_campione_del_mondo_di_enduro_e_motocross.html&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

26/07/10 | Events

The squid becomes world champion enduro and motocross

Fano (Pesaro Urbino) - After hosting the presentation of the Spring / Summer 2011 women's collection of DONDUP and a preview of the Notte Bianca 2010, Squid is preparing to enter the world of motors and does so through one of the most prestigious brands in the market ' offroad: Husqvarna.

Husqvarna is a brand of Swedish origin from the centuries-old history and has an image inextricably linked to the competitions (77 world titles in the disciplines Cross, Enduro and Supermoto). From October 1, 2007 was bought by BMW Group and each year chooses a different location to present new models.

For the international launch of new models motocross (TC 449) and enduro (TE 250, TE 310 and TE 449) Husqvarna chose Fano and squid. This means that for a whole week over 60 journalists from magazines from around the world will be in Fano, staying in various hotels of the promenade to watch closely and try these powerful cars.

Today, Wednesday 28 and Friday, July 30, during the day will be tested in motocross bikes of Cavallaro, while journalists in the evening and staff will move to Husqvarna Squid where you can sample the cuisine from Fano, and admire the beauty of our waterfront. The squid will become the logistical base of this important international event which will offer the opportunity for all motorsports enthusiasts to observe close Husqvarna motorcycles and riders including seven-time world champion Juha Salminen and Frenchman Antoine Meo , currently leading the world championship enduro.

Squid continues the path strongly wanted by the family Pierangeli namely to become a reference point for entertainment events, cultural and sporting events.

This bike is "SHARP" as hell!!! I love it!!! I'm glad I held off on buying a new husqvarna. I'm getting this at the end of year or as soon as any one of local dealers in my area gets them on the showroom floor. I also see some design similarities of a 09/10 Beta 450 RR and a Gas Gas EC 450 4T in this bike!

Look out Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, & KTM. Husqvarna is coming at you full throttle!!!!!!

Edited by DesertHusky

K now I'm feeling a frenzy of excitement. I hope it's everything you've said it would be, HR, and I'm looking forward to eating my words of skeptecism at the press launch in april. I like my crow well done!