Is Reed done?

True....But KDub isn't expected to win....

I am pretty sure he had at least one kid back when he was expected to win. I don't get that argument anyway....you can get messed up in 10th place just as easy as you can in 1st.

I am pretty sure he had at least one kid back when he was expected to win. I don't get that argument anyway....you can get messed up in 10th place just as easy as you can in 1st.

True... I think I didn't explain right. What I meant was maybe Reed feels the preassure to win way more than Windham and that may be what is messing with him. KDub more or less rides for the fun of racing now, where it is more "buisness" than fun for CR... At least it seams that way to me...Could be wrong.

To My Fans and Supporters:

I have spent most of the last month in and out of my doctor’s office getting tests done, trying to figure out what is going on. Each weekend I head to the race excited to get out there and get some wins on my Monster Energy Kawasaki, ready to defend the number 1 plate that is on my bike, knowing that I have worked hard during the week, on and off the bike. The team and bike are prepped and ready on race day and then I'm unable to race like I normally can. Where is that fight that I normally have?

For most of this outdoor season I have been frustrated and questioning every part of my program, wondering why I am unable to race to my full potential. It's tough knowing you're better than what your performance and results show. It's embarrassing riding with the #1 plate on and not battling at the front! I don't take it lightly and I knew I had to get to the bottom of my issues.

Many people have commented that it's due to my role as a new dad, but that's not it. Tate makes me want to race harder. I want my son to be proud of me and I want to teach him that by working hard you can achieve your dreams. My friend Andrew McFarlane passing was another reason that I may not be riding to my full potential. That I'm keeping it safe. That's not it either. I have always rode within my safety zone and I know Andrew is up there pumping me up to get some holeshots and win some races like he always did. These two reasons alone make me want to race harder and give it everything I have, to be an example of hard work to my son, to live life to the full and be thankful for doing what I love to do and that is race a motorcycle! I'm not ready for retirement; I want a few more championships indoors and out!

So finally with all that said, I got my results back from the doctor. I have Epstein Barr virus. I know some other riders have had it and I never thought I would be sitting here saying the same thing. It explained my fatigue issues on the track. I knew it wasn't my fitness, but I was struggling to finish motos. It just got to a point where it was dangerous for me to be out there. My doctor, team and I have decided that I need to be off the bike for a while to try get this handled. I am really disappointed to be out again. This year has been a personal worst for me. I have often been referred to as "Mr. Consistent" but this year has been far from that.

I want to apologize to my fans for not being able to race for you and I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and sticking by the 22 this year. From the worst times come the best times. And I will be working hard to kick this illness so I can get back on track and winning races as soon as possible.

-Chad

At least that explains it.... So the neck injury deal was BS? I respect his honesty and hope he get's well soon....

Read up on EBV....Symptoms of infectious mononucleosis are fever, sore throat, and swollen lymph glands

Maybe the swollen lymph glands were part of the neck pain.

I'm no expert of EBV but I suffered with mono for well over 5 weeks about 10 years ago. It was brutal. I even ended up with a mild vicodyn addiction from it. ?

It's a big bummer but best wishes to Chad Reed for a get well soon and succesful return to racing when he is ready.

From his tweeter.

CRtwotwo

2010 has been filled with amazing UPs and crazy LOWs! But this kid is NOT done just yet:) I will once again earn respect!

6 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®