Changing fork oil with the shrynge tool

What is the procedure for this? I am borrowing my friends tusk syringe tool tomorrow. I see it has a depth "setter" Is it as easy as sucking out the old fluid, checking the measurement, then putting new oil in via the same syringe to the service manual's specs? Do you do it all through the bleeder screw? Or does the whole top cap come off?

That tool is for setting the oil height in certain model forks. If you have twin chamber forks, the procedure is much more complicated. I suggest you reference your manual for your application.

+1 on reading the manual. The first thing the manual says is to take your forks off the bike.

Wheel off, lift handlebar to gain access to fork cap, loosen top clamp bolts, loosen cap, loosen bottom clamp bolts, REMOVE fork, loosen cap all the way and dump into container. Leave inverted draining into the container for at least an hour. Fill, ride....

Seems like I had a bad bottom on the front fork at a track the other day. No visible damage, and no oil leaking on the fork. But it seems to want to bottom easier now, not sure what would cause that.

not enough fork oil, oil level affects bottoming but don't run less than the minimum oil level per your manual. Check sag too, if you can't get the right sag #'s may need different springs too. the Tusk and motion pro or Race teck syringes are for setting oil level, not changing fluid.

You can even add a little extra oil with most forks to help the bottoming resistance but you might effect some other portion of stroke at the same time ESP if you add too much oil so be easy on the extra ... I just loose my caps and pour it into mine ... Jack the wheel off the ground for this procedure for starters ...