Anyone tried the 70 Degree Husaberg Tank Yet?

They are just now shipping and being received by those who ordered them. One person just got his today.

I intend to order one, but I have a few things that are a bit higher priority - like getting some proper off-road riding gear - Aerostich pants just don't work well off-road.

LOL..$400???!!!! Are you kidding? What, is it made of gold? No thank you.

Follow the thread on Husaberg.org of what the guy went through to produce it.

Don't want to spend that kind of money to get one that is properly engineered and that won't leak? Take your subframe and try to make it into a tank - good luck.

Oh, and when you are in BFE and out of gas, you will gladly pay $400 to have another gallon of gas.

Have you seen what Safari tanks wants for theirs? Cheapest option out there. It sucks. I tried the fuel in a back pack option but I could just see a crash and splatter gas all over my lunch and camel back:smirk:.

I must say that I'm surprised at this response. Depending on brands, just about every conventional "after market fuel tank out there ranges from $250-$350. $400.00 for a subframe tank is very acceptable, especially when considering the quality of the 70 Degree unit.

From what I gather, the Husaberg sub-frame is ~$100.00 more than the 70 degree racing unit. So your getting a sub-frame and tank for less than the stock sub-frame.

Well those so inclined use the sub-frame that comes with the bike - or they try to. Results vary, in part depending on technique and persistence, in part on whether a given portion of the given subframe has a hole in it or is thin and starts leaking.

The capacity also seems to vary too - depending on how you set it up. The 70 deg. racing tank is 1.1 gallons (maybe a little more in use), which may be why some people think that is a lot of money - but think of it this way; if you replace a stock tank (2.2 gallons) with one that holds 3.3 gallons - how much are you likely to pay?? Probably pretty close to $400 right?

The nice things about the sub-frame tank is that:

1) it doesn't replace your stock tank - you keep the stock tank.

2) it puts the extra gas in a nice place for weight balance; under the seat and to the rear.

3) It doesn't interfere with adding either of the Aqualine aux. tanks so if you add them all up, including the stock tank, the subframe tank, the two Aqualine tanks, you have just shy of 8 gallons nicely distributed on the bike. You can pick and choose which of the tanks you want installed at any time, tailoring the capacity and balance of the fuel for the kind of riding you will be doing. I think a lot of people will go with the subframe tank as the first aux. tank, probably because they may not feel they need more than 3.3 gallons or desire to carry more.

The 70 deg. racing tank has all the issues taken care of including making sure every part of the tank won't leak and all of the plumbing and the fill spout. The tank is probably stronger than the subframe that comes on the bike. Plus you can keep the stock subframe to return the bike to stock, or to use as an aux tank for other purposes (I may use mine for water if I feel it necessary).

But to each their own. Don't want to spend the $400 - make your own tank from the stock subframe - good luck.

Well those so inclined use the sub-frame that comes with the bike - or they try to. Results vary, in part depending on technique and persistence, in part on whether a given portion of the given subframe has a hole in it or is thin and starts leaking.

The capacity also seems to vary too - depending on how you set it up. The 70 deg. racing tank is 1.1 gallons (maybe a little more in use), which may be why some people think that is a lot of money - but think of it this way; if you replace a stock tank (2.2 gallons) with one that holds 3.3 gallons - how much are you likely to pay?? Probably pretty close to $400 right?

The nice things about the sub-frame tank is that:

1) it doesn't replace your stock tank - you keep the stock tank.

2) it puts the extra gas in a nice place for weight balance; under the seat and to the rear.

3) It doesn't interfere with adding either of the Aqualine aux. tanks so if you add them all up, including the stock tank, the subframe tank, the two Aqualine tanks, you have just shy of 8 gallons nicely distributed on the bike. You can pick and choose which of the tanks you want installed at any time, tailoring the capacity and balance of the fuel for the kind of riding you will be doing. I think a lot of people will go with the subframe tank as the first aux. tank, probably because they may not feel they need more than 3.3 gallons or desire to carry more.

The 70 deg. racing tank has all the issues taken care of including making sure every part of the tank won't leak and all of the plumbing and the fill spout. The tank is probably stronger than the subframe that comes on the bike. Plus you can keep the stock subframe to return the bike to stock, or to use as an aux tank for other purposes (I may use mine for water if I feel it necessary).

But to each their own. Don't want to spend the $400 - make your own tank from the stock subframe - good luck.

Yeah, that was what I was getting at. You just used more words...­čśĆ