24 Hour 2010

scone, no I am in the 35u team Vet Ex (have been for the last several years too). My view point is pretty much what Mutt and Nilles is. I hate to see people bantering about something so trivial in an event as unique and cool as the SR24 is. I mean, it is about the fun factor, the personal effort, the team effort, pride that you did it, the prep in your equipment, etc, etc... We drive all the way there from Montana to hit this race and as long as Scott, Debbie, and the OTBG have it, we won't miss it! Which is why I said "show up, shut up, ride, have fun." It's too great of an event not to think anything other right???

Ryno

scone, no I am in the 35u team Vet Ex (have been for the last several years too). My view point is pretty much what Mutt and Nilles is. I hate to see people bantering about something so trivial in an event as unique and cool as the SR24 is. I mean, it is about the fun factor, the personal effort, the team effort, pride that you did it, the prep in your equipment, etc, etc... We drive all the way there from Montana to hit this race and as long as Scott, Debbie, and the OTBG have it, we won't miss it! Which is why I said "show up, shut up, ride, have fun." It's too great of an event not to think anything other right???

Ryno

Ryno, I know exactly what you are saying, but in order to keep the fun factor going all teams need to ride in the appropriate class...that's why there are different classes in the first place.

I understand that the club class is somewhat of an anomoly, and I view it as a truly 'fun-oriented' class so I guess my entire point is that it should stay that way...but when riders from multiple clubs are pulled together then it opens the door for abuse.

I know Randy's club team situation and what thier goals and reasons are for racing the club class and have no problem with it...and for that matter I have no problem with the Quazi-calamari team beyond the fact that they are not naming thier clubs.

Last year my 40 Ex team finished 7th overall and I think all of us were members of one club or another but that certainly did not qualify us for the club class. This year some of our riders went to a different class so we "got the band back together" for our old SJMC team and every team member is a bonafide, active club member. Since we are a pretty big club it's easy for us to field a team.

I know that some smaller clubs have a more difficult time pulling together a team so I don't really have a problem with it...I just want to ensure that the 'club' designation doesn't get abused.

I hear ya fellas. I guess what gets my goat is that people would actually try to abuse something like the club class? I mean, really??? Who finds that to be a stimulating "bragging" story around a campfire??? From my point of view as a heavily involved member of a MX club here in Bozeman is I am tired of people whining about crap. Nothing but WORTHLESS crap! We had our annual fall 2 day 3 moto format mx race here about 3 weeks ago in which we went and bought MXSix Racing bike stands, put 1st place winner custom graphics on them, and gave them to every single class winner of the event (yes, 50's, 60's, 80's, etc) and SOMEBODY still bitched!!! If ya want to see what they whined about come check out the +30 1st place stand my Kawi will be sitting on in the 35u team pits! You'll be shocked anybody wouldn't be freaking stoked to win one!!!

Anyway, sorry to vent, I got off on a tangent. My point is this. I absolutley love this event. I come tot he SR24 from hundreds of miles away every year because the people there are so different from what I see in most races I get to. There isn't the badgering of this and that, most everybody there is sole purpose of having fun, there isn't the "cheater" finger pointers, or the mini parents complaining, or about the track being too muddy for practice, or jumps to big/small, parking sucks, no beer in the infields, your kid blocked my kid, blah, blah, blah... (ahem) The sanctuary of this race for many is what brings us back. The offerings of Scott, Deb, and the entire OTBG for this race is so rare that I just don't even want to hear anything bad about it. Maybe the bad taste of the MX race season is still fresh in my mouth but I just want this race to be the furthest thing from MX as possible. Let's just eat some dust, ride in the dark, and have a couple of beers together at 10:01 a.m. on Sunday morning giggling about what we have to wait another 364 days for. Deal?

Ryno

Man You SJMC guys are competitive aren't ya.?

No really I'm with ya and want the class to be fair and be fielded by members of legit clubs.

Yes it is very hard to Field a club class team for us smaller clubs. I tried to last year but could come up with only 4 riders, so we went to a different class. What gets real hard is finding night riders. It is a race so that means racers that also night ride. Add in the club class equation, now the pool to pull from is even less. This year I was fortunate to find five including myself, A and B riders.

The 3 members of the Quazi Calamari that I believe are a part of this team have been in multiple MC clubs. Most people around Washington's MC race circuits, enduro or Hare scramble, know them. There good people, and surly aren't creating a ringer team of AA racers.

Maybe a rule needs to be implemented where all club teams need to list the initials of there club or clubs in there teams name. That way everyone feels better about the members being members of said clubs.

CFMC Enduro Nutz looks forward to racing with all the club teams and I know I can speak for the other 4 Cascade guys on our team, were gonna give er hell and have fun doing so! ?

Can't wait!

BRAAAAAAP!!!

Roscoe

Man You SJMC guys are competitive aren't ya.:cheers:

CFMC Enduro Nutz looks forward to racing with all the club teams and I know I can speak for the other 4 Cascade guys on our team, were gonna give er hell and have fun doing so! ?

Can't wait!

BRAAAAAAP!!!

Roscoe

Competitive? Us? Na.....?

Wait..... didn't you guys take the club class at the last Buttstomper? Or was it the over-all?!?!?

Competitive? Us? Na.....?

Wait..... didn't you guys take the club class at the last Buttstomper? Or was it the over-all?!?!?

Ya we got the overall in 2009, but from that team (The Fuzzy Bunnies

?) only Chuck Husum and I will be on CFMC Enduro Nutz. We also have Thomas who was on the 2nd overall Buttstomper team in 2009.

Lets face it though, we are woods riders, so the Buttstomper is more what were out riding on a regular basis. Tony Ihlen was on CFMC Enduro Nutz quite a few years back when we won the 30 amateur class at Starvation. He is on the team this year again. All racers on our team have raced this event at least once prior except for Brent who is even green to night riding. We went down to Eddieville recently and worked on his turn to turn speed in a open style GP environment. He showed great progress in just a couple hours. Next is some night practice. he will be running a 8" HID so it'll be almost like riding in daylight anyways.

Who do you guys have on your team?

ehh..just few old crusty stumpies that you have banged bars with:thumbsup:

Mike - I really resent....errr, resemble that remark.

Roscoe it's Pete Wizner, Shawn Johnson, Gene Deutch, Mike Decker, Jason Volderbing and myself.

I believe the other SJMC team is made up of Trav and Sara Redfield, Jason Kaber, Kevin Dahlen, Jon Luchessini and ???? the 6th was to be Randy Roberts but he broke his wrist at the 6hr so I don't know if they are going to replace him or run with just 5?

We also have a few club members IM'ing it... should be fun:ride:

Your not on a team Dave?? Or all this race talk getting you all amped up.

Getting amped up ! Got roped into the RMC team this year...something about it being mandatory for big races or something. Should be fun , hope to see everyone out there and stop by and say HI at the pits! CHEERS!!?

Getting amped up ! Got roped into the RMC team this year...something about it being mandatory for big races or something. Should be fun , hope to see everyone out there and stop by and say HI at the pits! CHEERS!!?

Between you, fong, mcfate and Lance Richot, your gonna give Team On the Pipe a run for their money.?

Mike - I really resent....errr, resemble that remark.

Roscoe it's Pete Wizner, Shawn Johnson, Gene Deutch, Mike Decker, Jason Volderbing and myself.

I believe the other SJMC team is made up of Trav and Sara Redfield, Jason Kaber, Kevin Dahlen, Jon Luchessini and ???? the 6th was to be Randy Roberts but he broke his wrist at the 6hr so I don't know if they are going to replace him or run with just 5?

We also have a few club members IM'ing it... should be fun:ride:

Nice! You guys got 2 real solid teams. This is gonna be fun!