1988 cr250r

Here is a couple pics of my cr that i got on fathers day 2010.

06172010-008.jpguntitled.jpg

The plastics and suspension are in excellent shape. I am spending my time on redoing the frame and engine. The frame looked like someone painted with a brush(LOL) The motor was all their just completely apart, even the cases had been split, I found a shop near the house that was willing to put it all back together. They said monday july 26 it should be done.

I have completly took the bike apart and sandblasted and painted the frame here is a couple pics of that. cr.jpg

I need a pipe and silencer, and some free time to finish it up!

let me know what you think.

Donald Elam

WHAT???!!?? I rebuild mine and now everybody gets on board???

I love those '88's and I am very happy to see you are bringing yours back from the dead.

Don't forget to check the water pump cover, they were made of magnesium and they deteriorate, check the radiators for magnesium plugging.

Use a quality coolant DO NOT USE WATER.

The good news is that the 1989 water pump cover is now made of aluminum, not magnesium.

i got the bike for next to nothing. I rode one of these a little back in the early 90's and loved it. I am going to do a little restoration to it but mostly just want to add things that will make a woods mauler. I want to ride the heck out of it. I will post some more of the pics when i get a chance.

Donald Elam