Does anyone have install instructions for a Revloc auto clutch?

I need a copy of the Revloc Auto clutch instal instructions. My clutch seems to be dragging even at idle and I cannot seem to adjust it with the cable, so it looks like I may need to adjust it with the ball bearings or springs. I am not sure. I bought the bike with it already installed and no instructions. I called Revloc but have not gotten a response. Checked there site but did not find them on there either. Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...

So that's the revloc dyna ring clutch you have?...Good luck with it..IMO..At it's best their not that great....Been there , done that....

From memory, I think that I set mine up with 4 springs...This is was what was recommended in the destructions....I tried various set ups and this was the best...

Edited by CraigoDRZ400sm

No Rekluse did NOT buy RevLoc, however they did buy the RevLoc auto clutch patents and RevLoc is officially out of the auto clutch business for a set period (I think 5 years) as a "non-compete" part of the purchase.

FWIW the two have been legally tiffing over the auto clutch designs for a number of years now. Now it's settled. Rekluse buys RevLoc's patents and stays in business. RevLoc gets Rekluses money and stops selling auto clutches. There's more on this in KTM Talk's forum and on the net (Google it), but RevLoc's web site is down.

That said, I do have a RevLoc Dyna Ring auto clutch in my RM250 and it works GREAT!!

The set up is simple and let's just assume that you have it installed correctly, if not PM me and I'll see if I can send you a copy of the instructions. Once it's installed and before you bolt on the clutch cover this is when you take up the slack or "set the gap". That's done with your cable adjusters.

Try this setup before you install the clutch cover:

In my case I have an inline clutch cable adjuster as well as the clutch lever adjuster.

1. Run the clutch lever adjuster all the way down to zero.

2. Using ONLY the inline adjuster, expand the cable as far as you can or until all of the slack is out of the cable. Then lock it down as you are now done with that adjustment.

3. Using ONLY the lever adjustment, expand the cable until the pressure plate lifts off of the clutch pack and until you reach the desired gap (1mm ~ I think, I don't remember off-hand).

4. Finish assembling the bike (install the clutch cover) and add trans oil as needed.

5. Time to test.

With the bike on the ground, select a gear (any gear) and push it a couple feet forward. It should feel like the clutch lever is pulled in even without touching the lever.

From there start the bike with the clutch lever pulled in (this is a safety precaution on the "first start" only). Then with the engine running at just above an idle, shift into 1st gear and slowly let out the clutch, rev it up if you need to take off. Yes, at this point the clutch lever "feel" will be different.

Ride it for a couple minutes to warm it up. Then pull in the clutch lever and stop.

With a warm clutch and a warm engine at idle, slowly let the clutch lever out ~ the bike should not move. If it feels like it wants to go or "slightly" crawls ahead then extend your clutch cable some more. Once you get to the point where it'll idle without wanting to crawl forward and it'll take off with a blip of the throttle, then yor ready for the trails.

The bike only came with four springs,

I don't thing it is the dyna ring, it has a bunch of ball bearing inside of the pressure plate 33 of them, but their are 36 slots this got me wondering if the guy how had it before me lost a few of them.

All i could find out is that some of the bearings are made out of different metals so they are different weights and have to be arranged in a certain way. Cant find how there suppose to be arranged though, By the way this is for a crf 450x

All of the Revloc bearings are the same weight and are made of tungsten, although some models may use two different size bearings. All the slots don't necessarily have to be filled but the balls must be arranged in a balanced fashion. If the clutch slips too much with 33 balls, go back and fill all 36 slots.

The bike only came with four springs,

I don't thing it is the dyna ring, it has a bunch of ball bearing inside of the pressure plate 33 of them, but their are 36 slots this got me wondering if the guy how had it before me lost a few of them.

All i could find out is that some of the bearings are made out of different metals so they are different weights and have to be arranged in a certain way. Cant find how there suppose to be arranged though, By the way this is for a crf 450x

Do you mean that your CRFx's clutch only has four springs?, or the auto clutch only came with four springs?

As for the bearing setup, it's possible that you could have either a RevLoc or a Rekluse. Either post a picture of your auto clutch or surf over to Rekluse and see if what you have looks like what they are selling.

It is a revloc auto cluch

i weighed all of the bearing and there were two diferent wieghts.

Im thinking that I will only use the hevier bearings though (the tungston ones)

What arangment of the bearings worksbest? (how many of them are you using?)

• 4 years later...

I just bought a CRF450x and im in the exact same position you were in when you posted. I cant find the info i need any where. Did you ever get the manual, or figure it out?

Yes, I know I'm a noob and this is my first post.

I also know I'm about 4-1/2 years late to posting a response to this question.

Nonetheless, I thought I'd post all of the documents I have for my RevLoc Enduro CRF450R clutch to help out anyone trying to find instructions for this clutch. The clutch installation instructions are good for '02 - '08 CRF450R and '05 - '08 CRF450X RevLoc clutches. The parts diagam/list if for a '02 - '08 CRF450R RevLoc clutch.  I've also posted the tuning instructions for the clutch (I believe they're applicable for all RevLoc Enduro and Max-P clutches). Lastly, I've posted the RevLoc CRF brake kit installation instructions.

Here are some tips given to me by Doug Drussel (the previous co-owner of RevLoc):

• When initially setting up the clutch, start out with only the outer row of 3/8" balls (36) and 4 springs with the retaining washers in the heavy setting (leave out 2 springs making sure that the blank spring pockets are 180 degrees apart)

• Use stock clutch plates starting with a fiber and ending with a fiber

• There should be 0.030" - 0.050” gap from the last plate to the top of the clutch basket

• Use only Castrol Edge 5W-50 full synthetic oil. Any other oil will cause the clutch to chatter

27207082521_4cf9a69b2f_k.jpgRevLoc CRF450R/X Clutch Installation Instructions Page 1 of 3

26670056284_c1fc8362e1_k.jpgRevLoc CRF450R/X Clutch Installation Instructions Page 2 of 3

27180315022_ac758ec97d_k.jpgRevLoc CRF450R/X Clutch Installation Instructions Page 3 of 3

27207091481_a06f3ec465_h.jpgRevLoc CRF450R Parts Diagram and List

27001665940_14df24e1a8_k.jpgRevLoc Clutch Tuning Instructions Page 1 of 3

26671293043_9903461f1d_k.jpgRevLoc Clutch Tuning Instructions Page 2 of 3

27207105071_fe230a05b9_k.jpgRevLoc Clutch Tuning Instructions Page 3 of 3

27207100951_0d7fb43210_k.jpgRevLoc CRF Brake Kit Installation Instructions

Edited by NO WAY OUT
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...