C02 tyre inflation

Hey guys, I bought a tyre puncture repair kit for out on the trail(now I've never had a flat on the trail but I thought it should be something I should carry )anyway in the kit it has two C02 bottles in it, and I got to thinking how much pressure dose each bottle contain, as in one bottle puts in say 10 psi, and two are 20 psi or what I think they are 18g bottles?

thanks for any help

Ian

ps how many guys carry these co2 bottles.Or is a small hand pump the most popular?

I just set myself up with their front fender tube bag for remote area riding. It holds a 21" tube(will fit F or R), a neoprene pack with 3 12g bottles, and 2 tire irons in a neoprene holder. The pack has compression straps that tightens it all down. I've only rode once with it, but nothing rattled or became loose. There's also room in it for more light stuff.

Yeah I think I will carry a couple more with me I do carry a spare tube( a 21)and a mate carries a hand pump,but it will be when he's not there that I need it :D.When we go away we have a pump (a foot pump and a 12volt bluetounge compressor)at the camp site and Iam looking at geting one of the hand pumps that also takes the co2 bottles 🙂.But most times we ride just out from home so it just a matter of getting back home and then fix it also, but as I said I have never had a flat yet,I do run trye sheild in my tryes and I also run heavy duty tubes so maybe I'am just over parranoid but I like to be self-sufficient :D

Ian

I carry CO2 + a small hand pump. It takes 2 to fill the front and 3 to fill the rear. I use the hand pump first and save the co2 for back up. Now if I'm racing I carry co2 only. I take a piece of inner tube and put about 6-8 co2 cartages in it. You don't need them going off in your back pack. 🙂

I go down to my local Paintball store and get them for 50c each. For some reason when I use co2 to fill my tires they lose air after a while. I guess co2 is thinner than air and leaks out faster.